Best way to get from LAX to cruise terminal

joaniedee72

Oh! I looked it up and saw $34.00, and I assumed that meant per person. Is it for both of us? I guess it must be as I did put in 2 passengers. Great!

Yes, the price looks great. Checking flights for our next cruise (hopefully not next as I would really like to sneak a shortie - 10 days or so - in before that cruise) it looks like we might arrive quite early and would have plenty of time just in case it took a while for a van or whatever. I can't actually check flight times as it's so far out but, looking at what is available now, it seems we would arrive quite early in the morning - far too early to board - so it wouldn't matter if it took a couple of hours even to get to the cruise terminal. Naturally I don't really want to hang out in the airport that long but it wouldn't make us late to port if that happened. (It would be better to spend that time at the wharf area and maybe get some breakfast or a Bloody Mary or something.)

Thanks to those who commented on the service you have received. I will almost certainly use the shuttle service - unless my wife prefers the car service for just a bit more. :rolleyes: I have been married for 44 years and have no difficulty at all with "Yes, Dear". :D

Note: My wife would probably have left me many years ago if she thought I was actually a big wuss enough to use that phrase without thought. I do use it but she knows that, if I really don't want or agree with something, the "Yes, Dear" isn't going to happen. :cool: I used to use it with my boss when I had a female boss for 8 years. People would ask her, "Did he just say yes dear" and we would both grin and say "Yep!"" I did, however, tell my boss a big fat NO when she asked me to do something unethical and, I believe, illegal. Nope, nope, nope, NOT going to happen.

I used Super Shuttle in Sept. In fact, Joaniedee72, I arrived in LA from Seattle on the same flight that you'll be using 😀

If you search online you can find a discount code for Super Shuttle that will save you a couple of dollars per person on the cost. I used it and it was accepted with no problem. I book online and prepay just for the convenience, although you don't need to do that and you can just show up at their stand once you arrive.

In my case, there were only four of us in the van and I was the last one to be dropped off but I still arrived at my hotel around 12:30.

I've used Super Shuttle a few times and other than one time having to wait awhile for a van to pick me up, I've had no problems with them.

I just spent a few minutes checking reviews of Super Shuttle and there are an incredible amount of bad reviews from people who had terrible experiences with them. I was kind of hoping to use that service but I'm pretty unsure about it at this point after all of the horrible reviews.

I'd have no problem using SuperShuttle FROM LAX, but no way would I use them going back.

Leaving LAX, it can be a pain since they try to fill the vans and you might wind up waiting 30 minutes before you leave the airport (including stopping at different terminals).

It is going back to the airport where they are dreadful if you are the first person picked up. The last time I used them to go to the airport I was in the van for over 2 1/2 hours for a 40 minute ride to the airport. That was many years ago. Now I use their service called ExecuCar (private service) and it is pretty good. I've never had issues with them.

It is going back to the airport where they are dreadful if you are the first person picked up. The last time I used them to go to the airport I was in the van for over 2 1/2 hours for a 40 minute ride to the airport.

Was this from the cruise terminal? We used them 2 years ago from the port in Long Beach, and our experience was quite different. We had to wait maybe 10-15 minutes to fill up the van, and everyone was going to LAX. We were at the airport in about 35 minutes or so.