Disembarking in San Pedro--what time to hire car?

Gwendy914

NCL says we arrive at 8am in San Pedro on a Sunday. We are not flying out until Monday--so there is no mad rush to get to airport on time.

If I hire car instead of taking a shuttle--what time should I tell them to pick us up and how does it work at the port? Is there a place marked to go to? Like at airports? Or is it a free for all? Is there a place I could tell him to meet us that is easier? Like...is there a coffee shop or someplace next to port? Or is it a long haul out?

NCL says we arrive at 8am in San Pedro on a Sunday. We are not flying out until Monday--so there is no mad rush to get to airport on time.

If I hire car instead of taking a shuttle--what time should I tell them to pick us up and how does it work at the port? Is there a place marked to go to? Like at airports? Or is it a free for all? Is there a place I could tell him to meet us that is easier? Like...is there a coffee shop or someplace next to port? Or is it a long haul out?

Are you talking about renting a car? some car agencies aren't open on Sunday so that could eliminate your choices. Some don't have a shuttle pick up so you might have to take a taxi to their office. If that's the case, there should be a taxi line by the terminal (I haven't used a taxi from San Pedro as we either drive there/park in the lot or get a private vehicle from a land transportation company, and those pick up from the shuttle island that is across from the terminal).

I would think if you find a company that will pick you up, you can safely tell them 10am (which will clear some of the traffic). but I'm guessing this won't be the case. I think Hertz will refund a taxi fare, but that's info you can clarify with them.

I would also go with 10:00 AM.

They wait in a holding area and then enter the port closer to 10:00 AM.

I would call the company as you make your way to claim your luggage so they can already the driver that you are almost outside. You will then wait for them outside right where you exit the building.

Keith

Thank you! 10am

Sorry I wasn't clear. We are hiring a car/driver service.

follow what Keith says above. Have the company's number handy (ask ahead of time if the driver him/herself will call you directly....I know that ontime will have the driver call you to tell you he/she is nearby and to call when you're at the shuttle island with your stuff).

follow what Keith says above. Have the company's number handy (ask ahead of time if the driver him/herself will call you directly....I know that ontime will have the driver call you to tell you he/she is nearby and to call when you're at the shuttle island with your stuff).

Thanks! I did use Ontime. :)

• 2 weeks later...