Norwegian Gem 10 day cruises... is the pool cleaned at any point?

cruisinbunny

I went on the Gem last summer (7 nights) and had a perfectly lovely time. My husband booked us for a 10 day cruise on her and I have one small concern... By the last full day of the cruise, the main pool was dirty and a bit stinky. Do they clean the pool (or drain and refill) at any point during the 10 days? Thank you!

Sent from my SM-T818V using Forums mobile app

I went on the Gem last summer (7 nights) and had a perfectly lovely time. My husband booked us for a 10 day cruise on her and I have one small concern... By the last full day of the cruise, the main pool was dirty and a bit stinky. Do they clean the pool (or drain and refill) at any point during the 10 days? Thank you!

Sent from my SM-T818V using Forums mobile app

When I worked for NCL, the policy was to drain and clean the pools at least once a week.

We have never been on the Gem but have been on multiple other NCL ships and are late night people and always the last ones to leave the bar/club each night normally around 2AM and we walk by the pools and they have always been completely empty every night at that time so I could only assume all NCL ships do the same thing and drain and refill over night.

• 2 weeks later...