Change in P&O Military O.B.C.

zider

P&O have just changed to procedure of claiming this benefit, Has Cunard changed as well!!

They have changed part of the procedure. We have recently changed the way we add on military benefits and so for future bookings if you just mention it at time of booking they can add this on for you. You would then just need to take your proof onboard with you, So Now you only have to send your details once & for future bookings tell whoever you are booking with & it will automatically be added to your account onboard,But you have to show your proof of service to the Pursers to prove it

P&O have just changed to procedure of claiming this benefit, Has Cunard changed as well!!

Apparently Cunard has also changed their proceedure for obtaining the military service OBC in the US. I have received this benefit on our last two cruises, but our TA ask me to send him a copy of my DD214 (discharge paper) and a copy of a photo ID. According to our TA, the military benefit will now be permanently tied to my World Club membership number for all future cruises. I had assumed that it already was, but apparently Cunard is changing their bookkeeping system. Nothing was said about needing to show the pursers anything once you were on board.

Bob

here in Australia, we have, up until now, had to contact the local Carnival office and provide "proof" each cruise - "Carnival" for me here has meant P&O AUS, P&O UK, Princess, Cunard & Carnival.

Barry

I haven't had to provide my US DD214 to Cunard in the past couple of years.

I had not needed to provde my DD214 since I sent in my DD214 copy, along with Cunard's military benefit request form, 2 or 3 years ago. Apparently, this has changed since they now want the DD2014 AND a copy of a photo ID. I don't know if there is an effective date for this change. Our next cruise will not depart until January 2016.

Bob