Hamilton & Horseshoe Beach

#4'smom

We are arriving at Kings Wharf on the Anthem of the Seas in May from 8am - 4pm. We are a family of 8 adults and want to take a walk around Hamilton for a few hours in the morning and then go to Horseshoe Beach for a few hours. What would be our best options for transportation from the port to Hamilton and then Hamilton to the beach for a group our size?

We are arriving at Kings Wharf on the Anthem of the Seas in May from 8am - 4pm. We are a family of 8 adults and want to take a walk around Hamilton for a few hours in the morning and then go to Horseshoe Beach for a few hours. What would be our best options for transportation from the port to Hamilton and then Hamilton to the beach for a group our size?

Take the ferry from Dockyard to Hamilton and then the #7 bus from Hamilton to Horseshoe Bay. When you're ready to return to the ship, take the #7 bus from Horseshoe bay to Dockyard.

You really don't have enough time to spend "a few" hours at each. By the time you're allowed to disembark the ship, buy ferry/bus tokens, wait for ferries and buses, add in travel times on the ferry and buses I'd guess you have less than two hours to spend in each place. Remember that you'll probably have to be back on board by 3:30 and that there will be many passengers waiting for the bus to return to the ship so you might have a wait for the bus.

Edited by njhorseman

My first cruise to Bermuda was in the 1980's- 1 day in port(Hamilton). I would suggest if you want to go to Horseshoe Bay- take the bus. If you want to shop, there are plenty of places right at dockyard. I love Hamilton, but you would be rushed

There are minibuses that take folks directly to the beach-can save time).

My 1 day in the 80's- I did an taxi island tour(caves, perfumery and visited friends on the island). Did not go to beach -very rushed day.

Hope this is helpful.

My first cruise to Bermuda was in the 1980's- 1 day in port(Hamilton). I would suggest if you want to go to Horseshoe Bay- take the bus. If you want to shop, there are plenty of places right at dockyard. I love Hamilton, but you would be rushed

There are minibuses that take folks directly to the beach-can save time).

My 1 day in the 80's- I did an taxi island tour(caves, perfumery and visited friends on the island). Did not go to beach -very rushed day.

Hope this is helpful.

I would agree. They should go to Horseshoe in the morning and return around 1:30 or thereabouts to the Dockyard if they want to do the beach.

On the other hand they might want to go to Hamilton and skip the beach. In May the water is cool. Some are ok with that but for me May was not good for the beach in Bermuda.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

Thanks everyone for your replies and letting me know that our original plan will be too rushed. Now that I know how to maneuver the island and all the transportation options, I think we will decide what we're going to do there the evening before. Jump on the ferry to Hamilton or shuttle/bus to beach.