Sydney BridgeClimb time slots

Jade13

I have a question regarding booking the Sydney BridgeClimb. On the website the time slots have almost an hour range such as 2:00pm to 2:55pm, 3:00pm to 3:55pm, etc. It just says they are assigned based on when you book. I tried to email them to see if we could request a specific time such as 3:55pm or 4:55pm (or another time that we prefer), but they just said if I had further questions to call them.

With a 4:00pm slot we would need to be there by 3:45pm (15 minutes in advance) and for a 4:55pm climb at 4:40pm, so a big difference. We have pretty much decided against the night climb as we are getting into Sydney that morning and leaving for Uluru the next morning.

Even the Twilight times for next year are not showing on their website, but when I emailed them they gave me all the times, so unclear if you can designate a specific time.

Thanks.

I have a question regarding booking the Sydney BridgeClimb. On the website the time slots have almost an hour range such as 2:00pm to 2:55pm, 3:00pm to 3:55pm, etc. It just says they are assigned based on when you book. I tried to email them to see if we could request a specific time such as 3:55pm or 4:55pm (or another time that we prefer), but they just said if I had further questions to call them.

With a 4:00pm slot we would need to be there by 3:45pm (15 minutes in advance) and for a 4:55pm climb at 4:40pm, so a big difference. We have pretty much decided against the night climb as we are getting into Sydney that morning and leaving for Uluru the next morning.

Even the Twilight times for next year are not showing on their website, but when I emailed them they gave me all the times, so unclear if you can designate a specific time.

Thanks.

Because our Bridge Climb was planned around the Easter Holidays this past spring, we booked a twilight climb August of last year to assure we had the date secured. At that time of booking, specific times were available and we booked . In actuality, there were open spots for our Climb when we arrived at the bridge. Don't know when you are in Sydney, but I would wait a bit for the schedule to firm up. I recall the email responses were less than responsive.

Because our Bridge Climb was planned around the Easter Holidays this past spring, we booked a twilight climb August of last year to assure we had the date secured. At that time of booking, specific times were available and we booked . In actuality, there were open spots for our Climb when we arrived at the bridge. Don't know when you are in Sydney, but I would wait a bit for the schedule to firm up. I recall the email responses were less than responsive.

Yes, the email response was to call with questions.

It does say on the website that the cost is non-refundable but the times can be changed based on availability up until 7 days. So, if they assign a day time that is too early I assume we can pay additional for a twilight time. This is for next year. Note that the late day times are close to the early twilight ,and late twilight close to the early night, but there is a big difference in the prices.

When they say the maximum group size (of 10 etc.) does that mean only that number at that time, or do they sometimes have multiple groups leaving (I assume only that number every 15 minutes).

How did you enjoy the climb? It says for all ages. My Dh is in amazing shape for his age (does rock scrambling and runs every day), doesn't like the idea of being tethered to others, so does that mean he should be up front so he is not walking into others.

Yes, the email response was to call with questions.

It does say on the website that the cost is non-refundable but the times can be changed based on availability up until 7 days. So, if they assign a day time that is too early I assume we can pay additional for a twilight time. This is for next year. Note that the late day times are close to the early twilight ,and late twilight close to the early night, but there is a big difference in the prices.

When they say the maximum group size (of 10 etc.) does that mean only that number at that time, or do they sometimes have multiple groups leaving (I assume only that number every 15 minutes).

On further thought my guess is they assign the climbs on the hour, 1:00pm, 2:00pm, 3:00pm, and than the 15 minute increments when these fill up.

yes, the email response was to call with questions.

It does say on the website that the cost is non-refundable but the times can be changed based on availability up until 7 days. So, if they assign a day time that is too early i assume we can pay additional for a twilight time. This is for next year. yes you can change. I picked the time initially

note that the late day times are close to the early twilight ,and late twilight close to the early night, but there is a big difference in the prices. we were on the 4:40 pm twilight on march 26. The tours leaving 45 min later were in the descengt which was a bit difficult

when they say the maximum group size (of 10 etc.) does that mean only that number at that time, or do they sometimes have multiple groups leaving (i assume only that number every 15 minutes). our group was 14 i believe. Yes every 15 or so they depart with another group

how did you enjoy the climb? it was the second highlight after snorkling at gbr it says for all ages. My dh is in amazing shape for his age (does rock scrambling and runs every day), he wont have a problem. I have some issues but no after effects except sore and tired. Dont run at all. doesn't like the idea of being tethered to others, so does that mean he should be up front so he is not walking into others each person is individually tethered to a continuous guy cable ( 8 mm thick) that runs the entire length of the route, (not tethered to each other. And one cannot readily disconnect or remove the harness, apparatus and the like. Perhaps to prevent jumpers? The company provided leader sets the pace, which is slow with several stops expecially on the incline. This is a tour not a race

hope it helps

Archived