Best rate/airline to miami

terinzak

Try using sites like Sidestep and Kayak, they will give comparision fares for most of the major airlines. For Southwest just go their site directly, sometimes some very good deals on there. Also check into flying into Fort Lauderdale as fares are quite often cheaper even factoring in transportation to the port in Miami.

Does Jet Blue fly that route? Have never used them, but have read good things about them. (As of yet no flights from Vancouver or Seattle:( )

You have a few airports nearby--not sure if LAX is the most convenient, but JetBlue does Burbank to FLL then there are a number of ways to get from Ft Lauderdale to Miami-cab, shuttle, mass transit (it's only an hour away).

I always check all the internet sites like those mentioned before, then I check all the airlines individually......

Southwest will probably have flights for next Aug sometime around March or April maybe.......

Most of the big airlines sell 300 days out so you should wait until October to really start shopping...

Also check Orange County too---sometimes you save a lot by trying different airports.

Alternates to Miami are Ft Lauderdale and West Palm (FLL and PBI). West Palm is about 1.5 hours give or take, and Ft Laud is maybe 45 minutes.

The nice thing about west palm is it is SMALL and not crowded...Ft Laud is big, but a little less annoying than Miami....I would try to fly in one-2 days before, and home a day after if you can swing it......

hth

Archived