Off ship weddings?

We are dreaming about a cruise wedding but our budget is very tight. It will just be the 2 of us. If I had my wish pictures and a pretty ceremony are most important. Next is special cruise treatment. That being said, I am researching options to see if a destination wedding for two is an option.

My most recent contemplation is a shore wedding in Bermuda that isn't through a ship. Is this possible? Would it save any money?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

We have our wedding scheduled in Cozumel arriving on the Triumph. I called Carnival first and they told me they use Mr. Sancho's for the weddings. I looked up Mr. Sancho's and found their wedding planner website. It was way more economical and more personalized to go through the wedding planner. They provide their own photographer and the pricing is affordable. We are not using Carnival for anything wedding related.

I guess to me that is the little things that are done for the couple day of... Flowers, champagne, something to make it feel like a special trip that is a bit fancier than a typical cruise. It will just be us and I don't need a reception at all but something special is an added bonus but not a requirement.

I guess to me that is the little things that are done for the couple day of... Flowers, champagne, something to make it feel like a special trip that is a bit fancier than a typical cruise. It will just be us and I don't need a reception at all but something special is an added bonus but not a requirement.

I don't know of any cruise line that does anything special at no cost, but you can purchase packages that have these things.

For example:

http://www.carnival.com/FunShops/item/V19/love-and-romance-gift-set

Edited by 6rugrats

I know that I will have to pay. I am just trying to see how low I can push it so I can tell if it is feasible. I hate that the cruise wedding packages are priced with receptions as I don't want or need one.

Really I guess what I need most is an destination version of a wedding chapel!

That would probably be any beach. It would be easier if you got legally married at home, then you can have a symbolic ceremony anywhere, using a local vendor and bypassing the ship services.

My fiance and I wanted to get married on an island during a cruise with our family. Unfortunately, the wedding package prices just would not fit our budget. What we are ending up doing is getting married in Fort Lauderdale on the beach the day before the cruise then bringing our family on the cruise with us. We are using Small Miami Weddings as our vendor and so far I am very happy with their service. They have some awesome packages that I think are reasonably priced. They are also much quicker to reply to phone calls or emails than Carnival or TWE. Another bonus was it's a lot simpler to get married in Florida than internationally.

We were on a cruise and we just got married at the end of April in St. Thomas while in port. It was super easy and very affordable. Our wedding coordinator took care of all of the paperwork and it is still in the US. We used viweddings.com. and Cheryl was great.

Ports are occasionally missed. Heard of several pax not being able to marry in Maui last December because of the strong seas wouldn't let the ship dock.

Edited by SadieN

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I too am wanting to do a symbolic ceremony November 2016 on Harvest Caye or Roatan. Harvest Caye is obviously not opening until next year but it will just be my boyfriend and I and our 6 kids blending our family.

Anyone have any experiences with Roatan wedding planners? All we want is a beachside wedding with a cool backdrop, tropical flowers and a photographer.

The NCL package is $3200 without photography and things we do not want or need.

TIA!

• 2 months later...

If you're looking for a fabulous destination wedding, work with Angela and Erica at Weddings the Island Way in St. Thomas (and St. John). Angela was our point of contact and she took care of every little thing. She stayed in touch constantly. Once we arrived in port, she had transportation for us to the Garden Terrace (spectacular!) where we got married, then down to Magen's Bay for a small reception, then off to Senor Frogs to boogie! Obviously they have many great venues to get married at and they will work with you to make your dreams come true! We shopped around St. Thomas for wedding planners and we could not be happier. xoxo :)

A friend of mine got married on a Princess cruise about 3 years ago. They had the ceremony on the ship in a small chapel. There was a web cam so friends and family back home could "watch" (no audio, just still pictures that refresh every so often). However, you don't have to share that info if you don't want to :p They had pictures taken on the ship with one of the ship's photographers; they were STUNNING. I'm not sure if they had to pay for the time or just the pictures. My friend had her hair done at the salon. They went to one of the specialty restaurants for dinner. They did have to pay for each of these, but she was able to work with someone who set everything up and they treated her very well (ie, very nice table at the restaurant, helped with scheduling, etc). They were really pleased and it wasn't overly expensive, but I guess that's all relative.