Cape Liberty Parking

bananawindnj

How good or bad has the parking situation been at Cape Liberty when the Liberty of the Seas is in dock? With so many people on this ship and being a driveable port for most east coast residents, it should be pretty crowded. Have new renovations at the port improved anything? My past recollections on parking there with Explorer of the Seas in port was a mess. Long lines coming in and slow progress as bags are dumped off.

Can you go straight to parking and walk your bags to the dumpoff area?

Thanks

Edited by bananawindnj

The Liberty hasn't yet started cruising from Cape Liberty. The Quantum is close to finishing its season and the Liberty will be arriving soon.

In any event I haven't read any particular complaints on this board about the situation at Cape Liberty since the new cruise terminal opened. Perhaps it's been mentioned on the Royal Caribbean board or in reviews, but not on this board...or it's possible the new terminal has helped lessen traffic tie ups.

Frankly I thought the traffic situation at Cape Liberty was grossly overstated. Yes traffic could be slow at times getting to the place where you dropped your luggage, but if you're from this area traffic is a way of life. Getting to Cape Liberty to me was no better or worse than driving anywhere in the NY City metropolitan area...which means, yes, sometimes you're going to get stuck for a while in heavy traffic.

When are you thinking of cruising from CL?

I sailed on the Quantum in January and my friend came by the light rail station with her car service about 10:15. We had absolutely no traffic going into the port. The drop off was so fast I didn't really have a chance to observe the ebb and flow of the traffic.

I will be driving down and parking in June. Since I'm coming from New England, I expect to arrive a little later. I will post about my parking experience. I do carry on, so I will be going directly to the parking and walking back to the terminal with my luggage.

As Paul said there have not been a lot of complaints about Cape Liberty traffic with the Quantum. Things seem to be flowing more smoothly. They are building a parking garage, but nothing seems to be happening with that yet. Things are not yet finished at the port.