Aft cabins on Navigator D1 connecting room vs E1

I'm looking into a cruise on the Navigator and want an aft cabin. I had 1690 on Adventure so I wanted that cabin again but silly me didn't put a hold on it yesterday and today it is gone.:( The only other D1 available aft is 1692 which connects to the JS cabin next door. Never had a connecting room so I don't know what to expect. Any issues with noise? Is there anything different in the cabin because of the connecting door?

I can switch to an E1 (8690) but I believe the view isn't as great like deck 10 and the size of that cabin is slightly smaller.

So would you take the D1 connecting cabin or the E1? Thanks!

Not sure if this applies to the aft staterooms, but on side-facing D1 connecting staterooms, the three person sofa becomes a two person loveseat to make room for the connecting door.

My own personal preference, but I would opt for the non-connecting stateroom.

Not sure if this applies to the aft staterooms, but on side-facing D1 connecting staterooms, the three person sofa becomes a two person loveseat to make room for the connecting door.

My own personal preference, but I would opt for the non-connecting stateroom.

Thank you, Bob. Do you happen to know if 8690 has a single door to balcony? I found Explorer pictures that does so not sure if the same is on Navigator since that ship and Mariner were built slightly different.

Room 8690 has a single balcony door on all Voyager Class ships.

This is also true on the deck 8 corner afts on Freedom Class as well (room#s8410/8710).

Thanks, 8692 is also available.... Is balcony size the same or is the view better and size better on the corner one 8690 with the single door?