Rate category question

glituner32

Hi,

Question on Carnivals rate category. When I'm booking my next cruise I see the option of either "Best price Resident rate" or "Early saver", Which one do I choose that gives me protection from price drops? or something else. Both rates are about the same rate.

Thanks

Early Saver allows for price drops up to two business days before sail. There are restrictions you may not want to live with.

Without reading the terms for the "Best Price Resident Rate", I would guess it's like the other rates...you can get price drops until final payment date. After that...nothing.

Yeah, read the descriptions carefully. I rarely book ES because I simply don't like restricted rates. I normally book a past-guest rate (or senior if available, which is rare).

I don't book a cruise unless it's at a rate I'm willing to pay. Yes, price drops would be nice, but I get what I can before final payment. And after that, if the price really drops, you can "upgrade" yourself to a higher category if you're willing to do that.

I happen to like my nice, dark inside cabins, so I tend to simply stop checking rates after final payment. The way many threads here read, people are SO disappointed if they don't get hundreds of dollars in price drops. Sure, it might be disappointing, but don't book if you aren't willing to take the chance that the price may not drop!

The two cruises I have booked have only gone up up up. That's because they're both 1-time sailings, so if you want to sail those itineraries, they're the only option. So, yes, they booked very quickly. No price drops on either of those, for sure.

Anyway, having a good PVP also comes in handy when you have multiple options for booking. A good one can explain the different rates and even help you decide, based on your personal situation. Unfortunately, I can't recommend my guy here (stupid rule, imho).

Yeah, read the descriptions carefully. I rarely book ES because I simply don't like restricted rates. I normally book a past-guest rate (or senior if available, which is rare).

I don't book a cruise unless it's at a rate I'm willing to pay. Yes, price drops would be nice, but I get what I can before final payment. And after that, if the price really drops, you can "upgrade" yourself to a higher category if you're willing to do that.

I happen to like my nice, dark inside cabins, so I tend to simply stop checking rates after final payment. The way many threads here read, people are SO disappointed if they don't get hundreds of dollars in price drops. Sure, it might be disappointing, but don't book if you aren't willing to take the chance that the price may not drop!

The two cruises I have booked have only gone up up up. That's because they're both 1-time sailings, so if you want to sail those itineraries, they're the only option. So, yes, they booked very quickly. No price drops on either of those, for sure.

Anyway, having a good PVP also comes in handy when you have multiple options for booking. A good one can explain the different rates and even help you decide, based on your personal situation. Unfortunately, I can't recommend my guy here (stupid rule, imho).

Why a stupid rule? If it was allowed travel agents could sign up with a new account as a shill and recommend themselves.

This place would be overrun with ads for different TA's or PVP's.

Also not fair to the agencies that pay to advertise.

Bill