Why don't Disney cruisers use the Roll Call threads?

1ParticularHbr

That IS NOT a Disney board but something that's put together by a travel agency. It looks very similar to this board but is NOT Disney sponsored, so just beware.

Please note:

Posts directing members to competing commercial web sites or asking to be directed to these sites are considered advertising and will be removed.

Thank you for your cooperation.

I'm not sure why a board that focuses on Disney as an entire company is considered a "competing site"...

You missed the "commercial" part of Host Mick's response. The existence of this site is made possible, at least in part, by customers who pay for advertising just like alternate sites that may have been previously mentioned in this thread.

As a correlate, ever notice how talk show hosts say such and such guest's new show in on "another network" rather than naming the network directly?

I didn't miss that he mentioned "commercial" websites...I just think it's a bit detrimental to the idea of these boards to immediately delete any post that links to any website that could be seen as a competitor even in the smallest of ways ::shrug::

I'm not sure why a board that focuses on Disney as an entire company is considered a "competing site"...

To clarify. This site makes money solely from the ads that you see around you. The ads pay based on the number of verified site hits. If members here direct other members away from this site, the hit count drops, ad revenue drops and the folks that make a living off of this site get upset.

To see a practical demonstration of this process, go to a Ford car dealership and start handing out GM brochures directing people how to get to the nearest GM dealer. Observe how you are treated. Same thing here.

Thanks for your cooperation.

I totally get what you're saying, Host Mick, but I think it's interesting that I see folks on that other site constantly referring people to this website for more specific info about cruise ports, since you have a *much* larger user base when it comes to port/excursion knowledge. Didn't know if you were aware of that.

Sayhello

To clarify. This site makes money solely from the ads that you see around you. The ads pay based on the number of verified site hits. If members here direct other members away from this site, the hit count drops, ad revenue drops and the folks that make a living off of this site get upset.

To see a practical demonstration of this process, go to a Ford car dealership and start handing out GM brochures directing people how to get to the nearest GM dealer. Observe how you are treated. Same thing here.

Thanks for your cooperation.

So my original question is still out there...How come the board for my upcoming RCI cruise is hopping and the Disney one is dead?

I totally get what you're saying, Host Mick, but I think it's interesting that I see folks on that other site constantly referring people to this website for more specific info about cruise ports, since you have a *much* larger user base when it comes to port/excursion knowledge. Didn't know if you were aware of that.

Sayhello

Pete can run his business any way he wants. He has his business plan, CC has theirs. Part of the business plan is the adverising rules in the community guidelines (link above) that I'm obliged to enforce that also includes banning discussions of board policy on-line so I'm locking this thread and banning myself.

Archived