evening dress code for costa neo riviera

hopkinsr1

we are booked on the costa neo Riviera on the 22nd April, could anyone tell me what the evening dress code is, it would appear the Costa Neo ships are somewhat different to the rest of the Costa line, the dining room would appear to be freestyle dining, the only thing we have found out is they have Gala evenings, is this an evening suite or would that be overdressing. It also seems that Costa's all inclusive package on the Neo class of ships is more expensive than the rest of their fleet! do they expect us to drink more!.

cheers

hoppy

Yes, the all inclusive drink package is more expensive on the neo ships (28 Euro for adults and 17 for kids). The description is not very clear but they do have special local wines for dinner. I´m not sure whether the variety of included drinks is larger than on the other ships or not. Actually I do not understand the higher price for kids as they don´t get any wine anyway :rolleyes: so what they can order must be exactly the same than on any other Costa ship.

According to my information there´s no gala/formal night on the neo ships but casual (or country club casual/resort casual) for the evening (no shorts and t-shirts). But we´ve asked and I´ll let you know.

BTW on your cruise there will be special shore tours and workshops / lectures on board about the Med cuisine.

steamboats

Edited by steamboats

We're interesting in neoRiviera's similar Sept. 1 sailing. What category are you in? And are you in open seating?

we've been on Costa's Europe sailings twice before & enjoyed both. This "new" ship however doesn't seem to have as much info/photos/review from Costa nor anywhere so far. Not to mention Costa has stopped printing its North America brochure. As such, please consider sharing your insight with us.

louiskam,

It´s not better here in Germany. It´s pretty hard to find any information (even deckplans are hard to find). I´ll be leaving next week. So I can report back. It´s my understanding that it´s generally open seating for dinner starting at 6:30 pm.

steamboats

I've just received a reply to my E Mail from Costa which says they have asked the crew to put on 2 Gala evenings, and to dress " a little more formal for these evenings", as far as brochures are concerned they don't print them in the UK either. We look forward to your report back, have a good cruise. Thank you for your reply and all other replies.

hoppy

louiskam,

It´s not better here in Germany. It´s pretty hard to find any information (even deckplans are hard to find). I´ll be leaving next week. So I can report back. It´s my understanding that it´s generally open seating for dinner starting at 6:30 pm.

steamboats

Thanks for the look-up on this.

Louis

We´ll be leaving on Friday. DH wants to do some live blogging (see link in my signature). Although it will be in German you might try the US flag button for some funny google translation. Of course there will be lots of photos after the trip.

steamboats

:( oh no - why do they go and mend something that wasnt broken.

Have taken two cruises on NeoRomantica - last one being sept 13-

I loved the elegance of NeoR and it was MUCH MUCH more dressy than other costa cruises. SO now - they take away gala nights . There were four formal nights on our last cruise - and everyone dressed up - the ship is made for elegant nights -

I am sure this will please many - I am not one of them.

:( oh no - why do they go and mend something that wasnt broken.

Have taken two cruises on NeoRomantica - last one being sept 13-

I loved the elegance of NeoR and it was MUCH MUCH more dressy than other costa cruises. SO now - they take away gala nights . There were four formal nights on our last cruise - and everyone dressed up - the ship is made for elegant nights -

I am sure this will please many - I am not one of them.

I think by taking out the Gala nights, Costa could "fine-tune" its daily dinner menu without much complaints from those that expect the "Gala" dishes there. Just my 2 cents.

I think by taking out the Gala nights, Costa could "fine-tune" its daily dinner menu without much complaints from those that expect the "Gala" dishes there. Just my 2 cents.

I found dinner on NeoRomantica to be of a very high standard. (24 cruise nights on her) Not just gala nights. It looks like they are having open seating now - nah - not for us, not on Neo ships. I will be interested to see how it goes forward - but have a feeling we wont be returning :(

• 2 weeks later...

On our cruise there were two "elegant" nights and one "white" night. No real "gala" but on the first night you were able to get a photo with the Captain. And on both nights the photographers were available for portrait photos.

steamboats