Progreso (merida?) and Cozumel (playa carmen?) gay life or cruising

Gay New Orleans

Have one day in each of these ports on Carnival Elation. Trying to decide if I should just book some excursions or if I should go cruising/exploring in the towns. Any rec of places to go, people to meet, gay beaches, saunas, any info would be appreciated as I can't seem to find any advice online. Thanks

Never been to Progresso but when in Cozumel, have looked for but not been able to find any gay life. It was quite the hoot on our last trip to Cozumel, a group of 7 gay guys went to the "wild" side and were at Coconuts and our waiter who was obviously oblivious to our true interests brought us a scrapbook full of photos of women who had gone coconuts and showed off there coconuts. I think the lightbulb finally went off over his head when we suggested we would rather him take a picture of the hottie (male0 "over there"! LOL

Since you will be in Progresso you should probably visit Uxmal. It is a large ruins. We enjoyed it as much as Chichen Itza. You could also visit Merida after the ruins. Merida has a great market. We found the prices in Merida to be better than any other part of the Yucatan Peninsula.

Playa del Carmen (PDC) is one of our favorite destinations. It is a laid-back city and has great beaches. I will say that the area is friendly. I should note that we never seek out gay clubs when on vacation.

You're unlikely to find much of the kind of gay life your post suggests you're looking for in either of these ports.

The dock at Progresso is an industrial one, located near a quarry. You'll need to take a tour or get a taxi to go anywhere. Cozumel is an interesting place if you can get away from the Americanized areas, but I don't know of any clubs/saunas/etc. there.

There are interesting things to do at both places, just nothing gay-focused.

A friend just returned from Merida and said it is VERY poor. There are a few bars at night but they are a good 30 minutes from town.

As for Cozumel there is nothing official but there is a place called No Name Bar (to the right of port as you exit) that is where a lot of ships crew and entertainers hang out. And we KNOW how gay that can get! :p