Sick on Eclipse in December

SeaBlu

I wanted to report that when my DH and I sailed on the Eclipse 12/1 how wonderful the crew of the Eclipse treated me. We dined late in Blu on the second or third night of the cruise and then walked around the ship for a little while. After we went back to our stateroom we changed into our sleepwear and began to read as usual. We usually read for a few hours. After only about 15-20 minutes I did not feel very well so I went to sleep. I woke up about 3-3:AM and rushed to bathroom as I was very sick. The seas has been pretty rough but as I have never been sea sick, I was sure that was not the problem. I went back to bed with a trash can. I continued to be sick until late the next afternoon. I had a slight fever and my DH is an RN so he was making sure I was keeping some liquids down. Around dinner the 3rd day I still felt very poorly so DH called the Infirmary. They said they would send someone up with a wheelchair. I managed to put on the bathrobe and brush my hair and that fast they were at the door. As soon as I got to medical they took us in a room, they apologized that there was so much paperwork for my DH to fill out but it was required by the CDC. The RN on duty then came in, asked us a bunch of questions. I was quite sure it was NOT a Noro Virus as I had had that before and this was not the same. He gave me a shot, some pills to take back with us, explained that I would be quarantined to our room for the next 24 hours and what I could and could not eat. He said at the end of the 24 hours to report back to them to be cleared. He also told me that room service would be informed of what I could eat and would prepare anything I wanted. And they took me back to my room. After I slept some more I felt much better and DH called room service for me, they told him that they would prepare any of the items that I was allowed anytime I wanted them. They sent some HOT chicken broth, ginger ale and rice. I put some of the rice in the soup and it tasted really good. DH had a 'real' meal. They called a few hours later to see how I was feeling. Our room steward say my DH out in the hall the next morning and asked if he could come in and change the sheets as he thought it might 'make me feel better', it sure did. By the end of the next day I was much much better and thanked everyone for being so kind to me. I felt like I had been putting everyone out and taking their time from their normal job, but they were all taking time out to help me. I thanked them SO much! I only missed one port - fortunately it was a 2 week cruise! Celebrity Crew - thank you for being so kind! You made a crummy situation not so bad.;)

Sorry to hear you we're sick while on holiday but glad to hear you we're looked after and the staff were helpful nice to hear a good report about crew as normally people sometimes don't appreciate the effort they put in while ill

Take care

Archived