smaller ships/greek isles & 4 year old

BuffyIndy113

we would like to go on a greekl isles RCL cruise next october, our son will be 4.

the only ships in RCL that do greek isles are the smaller vision class ones , vision, rhapsody, serenade etc...

we went on the indy last yr with our son and we loved it , so im worried that the actual ship will not live up to our expectations in terms of modernity, facilities, size etc....

for example theres no H20 zone, then again there never was when i went on the enchantment of the seas 15 years ago and i had plenty of fun at age 9..

so what do you all think ?

ive done greek isles before as a teen, but never with my son and husband

any tips ? suggestions ?

thanks!

Edited by BuffyIndy113

The vision classes are only small relative to the larger, newer RCCL ships. We're just booked Serenade in the Caribbean for 2016. Our dd will almost be five by then and I have no doubt she will have fun. Many of those ships (if not all) have been recently refurnished. I know I looked at the picture of the kids pool/area on SOS and I think it will be really fun. Plus, it seems that a four year old can have fun just about anywhere.

The ports may be a little more challenging, depending on what you decide to do for excursions. Still, we're planning on taking a Euro/Med/Greek Is cruise as soon as we think our dd can handle the long and multiple flights to get there. Since you're much closer, I'd go for it.

Your son is really too young for things like sports deck, flowrider, rockwall, etc...so don't worry about those "bells and whistles"!

While the ships you mentioned (with the exception of Seranade..it's pretty big!) are smaller, they are still large! Do check out the sq. footage of the cabins...some are pretty tight, so book accordingly!

This type of cruise is more about sightseeing than the ship, anyway!