George Town, Grand Cayman

jackretired

RCI would not allow me and my scooter on a tender, and my scooter weighs a lot less than a power chair. They did not allow anyone with mobility problems off the ship in Grand Cayman on 4 of my 6 visits there because the seas were rough. I would not plan on leaving the ship in GC.

I concur with Kitty. My mom has a small 50 lb scooter and we were refused to allow to tender. However, this wasn't on RCI.

To be able to tender you usually have to be able to get on and off the tender on your own. Also, depending on weather this could we very unsafe to do so. If the seas are rough that tender can bob around like a cork.

What people usually do is take a manual wheelchair. Get on the tender on your own then they will put on the wheelchair as it is not heavy. This is of no help if you aren't mobile.

To answer your question the pier is not long at all and there are no hills. The problem is tendering.

I would expect Grand Cayman to be a ship day. Have a great cruise.

i was able to tender with my scooter at grand cayman a couple of wks

ago- but they took it off and on and i walked across the gangway.

i just drove around the shopping area. it was very congested and difficult

to dodge people. i have up after and hr and went back to the ship and

enjoyed some quiet time.

My mom uses a manual wheechair not a scooter. She cannot walk at all. On previous visits to GC, RC has let her wheel onto the tender if seas are not too rough.

One thing about GC is sometimes seas are fine when we go to shore but winds and waves pick up when it's time to return to the ship. That can make for a bit of adventure getting back onboard.

Maybe consider bringing a manual chair if they won't let the power chair on the tender.

Archived