Google flight discrepancy

Zoedokey

I thought google flights was a site that compiled flight information from multiple airline websites. Why is it that flights I see on google flights either aren't even showing on the airline main page, or if they are showing, they are a different cheaper price?

It looks like I link directly from google flights to a booking page.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Actually when you go from google flights (or kayak) to the AA booking page, the flight no longer even exists.

Or if the flight is available it is much more expensive than the google flight site.

Google Flights depends on ITA for its data. ITA updates frequently but it's not real time with the GDSs. Sometimes buckets sell out or are pulled, but ITA doesn't update for a while, thus when Google Flights queries it, old information is passed on. (Google bought ITA a couple of years ago.)

It can also have to do with married segments or other arcane factors. If you give us routes, dates, where you are, and class of service (coach, business etc.) we can help diagnose it.

I called American Airlines and they couldn't even find the combination that Google flights and Kayak were showing. I think it is due to the long layover in Dallas. It's a shame because we are hoping to get from Vancouver to Tallahassee with the one stop. I guess those combinations do not exist unless you book two separate air tickets, which drives the price way up.

We will keep looking.

I will never understand airfare. That one stop flight Vancouver to Tallahassee appeared today on Expedia and I was able to book it. Still isn't showing a choice on AA website or any of the discount sites. But I managed to get it!