Napoleon's Summer Residence & Porto Azzurro Village

mariamva2

Is this on the island of Elba? I've visited with a different cruise line, although I haven't done the excursion including Napoleon's summer residence.

Porto Azzurro was very pretty, it reminded me of how the Med was 30 years ago. I visited it about 6 years ago so I don't know if it's been subject to a lot of construction work since, but a very pleasant place for a stroll around and then a coffee at an outdoor table to admire the views and people watch.

Yes, it is in Elba and it is a very nice tour. The villa is quite interesting and the drive to Porto Azzurro is very scenic. Porto A is pretty in a lovely setting. Some nice jewelry stores and very good gelato.

You can probably walk it.

No. There are two Napoleon residences.

One in town, Portoferraio, and the other one out of town in the country, half way to Porto Azzurro. The excursion goes to the one outside of town and then on to Porto Azzurro. You could rent a car or arrange for a private excursion, but you cannot walk there.

After the excursion do walk Portoferraio and visit the second residence. They are very different from each other. And the old town is very pretty.

And don't forget, SB limits its bus excursions to 20-25 people per bus. So it isn't really crowded.