Transfer Paris BDG to Le Havre

helenb

Our cruise leaves from Le Havre. We are flying into Paris. I am trying to figure out our transportation to the port. The cheapest I have found for 4 people is a private shuttle van for 300 Euro. Trains don't seem to go direct?

Are there any better options? I can't seem to do a one way car rental either.

First, we assume you are referring to CDG (not BDG). One way rentals are not a problem and you might want to simply try Europcar. Another option is to use the train system but I believe you would use the RER from CDG into Paris which is a bit complicated. You would take the RER B line from CDG to Gare du Nord where you would change to the RER E...one stop over to Gare St Lazare where you can get the direct train to Le Havre.

Personally, we prefer to simply rent a car at the airport and drive ourselves....but the train certainly can be done if you don't mind the RER hassles getting to Gare St Lazare.

Hank

Yes, sorry, that's my bad. I was typing late at night and it was just a typo. I did mean CDG. I'm going to try and edit the thread title, although i don't know if I can now.

I was finally able to find a car rental one way. It was an extra $65 US charge for the one way rental, but total cost was still $100 and Sixt apparently has a rental location in the cruise terminal itself, so it should be very convenient. Thanks for the replies!