Dockyard To Horseshoe on Sunday

kjefferson

Our ship will arrive in Bermuda at 1:00 on Sunday (in July). We are a party of 8 (6 adults and 3 children).

My first question is: what would be more economical for our group, the mini bus or a taxi? I know the bus is the best bed money wise, but we have decided that we would prefer one of the other options. Do the mini buses and taxis charge more on Sunday?

Also, what time do the mini buses and taxis stop operating on the return back from Horseshoe? I'm thinking if we get to the beach around 2:30 we would want to leave around 5:00 (roughly), is this feasible?

Is there anything to do in the Dockyard on Sunday night? I know the stores will be closed, but is it worth walking around and is it safe to wonder at night?

Thanks in Advance!

There is a surcharge for a taxi on Sunday. I believe it is 25% but I may be wrong. There are taxis at Horseshoe most of the time waiting to take people any place they want to go. Your hours seems like they would be doable. As you said, the Dockyard stores will be closed on Sunday evening. There a couple of pubs/restaurants open in the evening. Snorkel Park will be open. They have some pretty crazy times there after dark. Bermuda is one of the safest places to walk around in the evening. Don't forget, it will be daylight until about 9 PM in June when we have our longest days. I know you said you didn't think you wanted to use the bus but you can get tokens at the Dockyard for $4.50 each way per person. Riding on the Bermuda Public Transportation is one of the highlights of most people's trips to that beautiful island. The ferry trips are a wonderful way to see the island from the water. You can also buy ferry and bus passes for one, two, or three days for each person and make full use of the system. If the children are under 12, I believe, their tokens and passes are half price.

Our ship will arrive in Bermuda at 1:00 on Sunday (in July). We are a party of 8 (6 adults and 3 children).

My first question is: what would be more economical for our group, the mini bus or a taxi? I know the bus is the best bed money wise, but we have decided that we would prefer one of the other options. Do the mini buses and taxis charge more on Sunday?

Also, what time do the mini buses and taxis stop operating on the return back from Horseshoe? I'm thinking if we get to the beach around 2:30 we would want to leave around 5:00 (roughly), is this feasible?

Is there anything to do in the Dockyard on Sunday night? I know the stores will be closed, but is it worth walking around and is it safe to wonder at night?

Thanks in Advance!

The minibus was charging $7 per person last year. I think either the minibus or taxi would be feasible. Your time frame should work. There is a taxi surcharge on Sunday. It is 25% for 1 to 4 passengers and 50% for 5 to 7 passengers. Add the surcharge to the regular fares of about $35 for 1 to 4 and $44 for 5 to 7 passengers. The limit in a taxi is 7 passengers so you would have to use 2 taxis.

In the Dockyard most of the shops probably closed but some restaurants open. Also the mini golf will be open until late.

Edited by Charles4515