Key West - non RCI excursion / clearing Immigration

txjeeplady

I read the thread from a couple of months ago - and it looks like - although a few people have had a bad experience - most say that clearing immigration doesn't take long. So - now i guess i am looking for opinions...

We will be arriving via the Grandeur of the Seas on 10/29 and we have a non-RCI excursion booked in Key West for 9:30 am. We were originally scheduled to dock at 7 am - and i figured that would allow for plenty of time - but they have changed the itinerary so that we are now supposed to dock at 8 am. And we are supposed to meet for the excursion a few blocks from the terminal (Greene St and Elizabeth St). And - ideally - we should be there 30 min prior to the scheduled departure.

So - if we follow all the rules - go early if possible - etc... Is it reasonable for us to make it to this excursion on time? Or should i go ahead and cancel?

Thoughts or suggestions?

Thanx!!

Martha

What is the excursion? Company and type. e.g. parasail, tour, etec?

Pjk

It's Fury Water Adventures - Island Adventure Eco Tour.

And - i found the info last night - that the Grandeur will be docking at the Outer Mole - so i have to add a shuttle ride & line to the time...

Right now there are only 2 people booked for that trip and they take a maximum of 35 people and for a full refund you'd need to cancel at least a day in advance. (A last minute cancellation gets you a gift certificate.)

Because of your situation I would cancel the trip you have, then if you get in earlier than the posted time, try to book the trip as you leave the ship by phoning. You'd lose the on-line discount, but you might ask for it anyway.

Alternatively, the Floridays has a snorkel-only trip which leaves at 10:00.

hth

Pjk