Hotel Info for LAX/ San Pedro

RCCLCARIB

We are staying at the Torrance Marriot and was wondering if this was a safe place to stay?

What restaurants, shops, etc are available in this area? Also, somethings to do maybe for the night before the cruise.

Thanks!

We live in Miami, so you can compare some things to that if you want to.

What an interesting and great choice!

Just making sure before I go into too much detail that this is the one located on Fashion Way?

If so, you are right at Del Amo Fashion Center!

http://www.delamofashioncenter.com/static/node399.jsp

You could spend days here...

Restaurants, shops, bowling, movie theaters...

Great breakfast at Jerry's Deli

Great California Asian at P.F. Chang's

Great Sushi at Sushi Boy

If you like chocolate you have to try See's Candy

Very safe and fantastic area.

Delamosign1.jpg

Also will you have a car or not?

If so there's some interesting sightseeing in the area, if not you've got tons right there steps from the hotel.

Hope this helps.

CJW

CJW, that is the hotel next to Del Amo.

OP, the critical question is whether you'll have a car (I'm guessing yes). If you're a shopaholic, you can just stroll across the street and have tons of shops to play in. There's also a new movie theater and several restaurants in the mall.

For a more "California" experience, head to the beach! Redondo, Hermosa and Manhattan Beaches are only a short drive (by LA standards) away, and there are plenty of good eateries along the way. What to recommend depends on what kind of food you like.

A "road less travelled" suggestion would be to head south on Hawthorne Boulevard to the Palos Verdes Pensinsula and visit the Avenue of the Peninsula, an open-air mall at the top of the hill. Marmalade Cafe serves an eclectic menu, and there's a Mediterranean sushi restaurant (I kid you not) that I've never tried, but that looks intriguing. There's also a movie theater complex, along with Borders Book store and a host of other small mostly upscale mall stores (no department anchor, but Sharper Image,Chico's, J. Jill, Coldwater Creek, Ann Taylor, Pottery Barn, Williams Sonoma, Abercrombie & Fitch). One of my favorite restaurants, Cafe Cego, is just down the street on Deep Valley Drive.

To pick up supplies before your trip, visit Beverage & More across Hawthorne - huge supply of wines, spirits, etc.

The Torrance Cultural Arts Center is just down the street from the hotel and has all kinds stuff going on that may or may not interest you: http://www.ci.torrance.ca.us/TCAC/4605.htm

Let us know more about what you'd like & we can tailor our suggestions!

I was there for a meeting this morning. They were doing an extensive remodel in the lobby (all it looks as if they did is add a lobby bar) that appears to be nearly finished. It's a really nice location - I think you'll be happy with it! But I highly recommend that you rent a car if you haven't already. There's a Hertz rental counter in the hotel.

Archived