Help in the US

beachseeker

Bonnie,

You have posted emails for help in the UK and Australia when things cannot be worked out. Is there a go to person for us in the US? When Ixtapa was cancelled on our Panama Canal cruise sailing in the 29th of February, Azamara sent us an email saying our two excursions in Ixtapa had been credited to our credit card and we still had excursions scheduled for Nicaragua and the Azamazing Evening. All, that is good.

Now, Azamara will not release our Xpress Pass because they say we owe them for all the excursions we had booked, including Ixtapa. According to Azamara they credited our account twice on January 7th. Our credit card account is only showing the credit for Ixtapa. This has been going in for over a week and our TA is getting no where.

Help!

As long as Bonnie is looking into things on this cruise, there are still no excursions listed for the port of Huatulco that replaced Ixtapa. Bonnie was going to look into this a few weeks ago when the port change was made but I never saw anything.....

Further, if you download the shore excursion brochure it runs 64 pages. It has about 30 extra pages randomly inserted into it over and over again listing things for purchase like snorkel vests and fishing license holders. It really should be edited as appropriate.

Best,

Bruce

Bonnie,

You have posted emails for help in the UK and Australia when things cannot be worked out. Is there a go to person for us in the US? When Ixtapa was cancelled on our Panama Canal cruise sailing in the 29th of February, Azamara sent us an email saying our two excursions in Ixtapa had been credited to our credit card and we still had excursions scheduled for Nicaragua and the Azamazing Evening. All, that is good.

Now, Azamara will not release our Xpress Pass because they say we owe them for all the excursions we had booked, including Ixtapa. According to Azamara they credited our account twice on January 7th. Our credit card account is only showing the credit for Ixtapa. This has been going in for over a week and our TA is getting no where.

Help!

Hi Beachseeker,

the best email to use in the USA is: AzamaraCustomerService@AzamaraClubCruises.com

Hi Beachseeker,

the best email to use in the USA is: AzamaraCustomerService@AzamaraClubCruises.com

Bonnie,

I am disappointed that others are given a specific person to help and I'm given a generic email. I have talked to Azamara customer service as has our TA for a week. Azamara changed the port and credited us only for the Ixatapa excursions. Why they are saying they credited us twice for all the excursions is beyond me. The only credit on our credit card statement is the credit for Ixtapa. But we are being held ransom and Azamara will not release the XPress Pass unless we pay for our excursions again, including the cancelled excursions. Add this to our 2017 cruise which was cut from 8 to 7 days and the cost of the cruise was not reduced, we have a very sour taste in our mouth for a much anticipated cruise. We have had this cruise booked for over one and a half years.

Bonnie,

I am disappointed that others are given a specific person to help and I'm given a generic email. I have talked to Azamara customer service as has our TA for a week. Azamara changed the port and credited us only for the Ixatapa excursions. Why they are saying they credited us twice for all the excursions is beyond me. The only credit on our credit card statement is the credit for Ixtapa. But we are being held ransom and Azamara will not release the XPress Pass unless we pay for our excursions again, including the cancelled excursions. Add this to our 2017 cruise which was cut from 8 to 7 days and the cost of the cruise was not reduced, we have a very sour taste in our mouth for a much anticipated cruise. We have had this cruise booked for over one and a half years.

Bonnie has often suggested contacting a Mr. Twynam who is, I think, the General Manager of Celebrity in the UK. There is no exact counterpart in the US and she is rightly reluctant to suggest you contact Larry Pimental who is the President of Azamara.

But she has frequently recommended contacting Nicole Lukacs who is the le CLub Voyage Ambassador. While your issue is not exactly one for the loyalty program, I have seen many posts where people say she either solved their problems or put them in touch with the right person. I believe her contact information is: LeClubVoyage@AzamaraClubCruises.com. She is on the Journey now but I suspect her staff will be checking that address.

Bonnie has been instrumental in solving a lot of problems so rather than chastising her for not giving you an exact name, I suggest you try her suggestion (and also Nicole). It's worth a try.

Bonnie has been instrumental in solving a lot of problems so rather than chastising her for not giving you an exact name, I suggest you try her suggestion (and also Nicole). It's worth a try.

We have been talking to Azamara Customer Service for over a week with no solution thus our frustration and the reason for my reaching out for help. Trust me, we have tried to solve this without coming to Cruise Critic first. I tried all avenues before posting except Nicole. Like you I didn't think our problem fit Nicole's job responsibilities, but I'm willing to try anything to get someone's attention to help us resolve this error.

We have been talking to Azamara Customer Service for over a week with no solution thus our frustration and the reason for my reaching out for help. Trust me, we have tried to solve this without coming to Cruise Critic first. I tried all avenues before posting except Nicole. Like you I didn't think our problem fit Nicole's job responsibilities, but I'm willing to try anything to get someone's attention to help us resolve this error.

Good evening beachseeker,

I'm still digging into this. I will get it resolved one way or the other! Please give me a day or two.

Bonnie

Hi Beachseeker,

I'm confident this will be resolved quickly.

As to why there's not one individual in the States to handle such issues it's because it's a big country with many sales territories, each with a Business Development Manager. They are the point of first contact for the TA and usually can solve a problem before it becomes a problem.

I'm not at liberty to publish your BDM's contact information as they are there for "the trade" but I'm sure your TA must have it.

I hope this accounting issue is cleared up quickly and you can focus on getting excited about your upcoming cruise!

Happy to report that our XPress Passes have been released this morning. Interestingly, our TA was not contacted. We let him know. Bonnie, thank you for your help. Thank goodness for CC and a way to reach out when all other avenues appear to be at a standstill.

Edited by beachseeker

Happy to report that our XPress Passes have been released this morning. Interestingly, our TA was not contacted. We let him know. Bonnie, thank you for your help. Thank goodness for CC and a way to reach out when all other avenues appear to be at a standstill.

I'm so happy to hear! Now you can focus on your cruise in a couple weeks!

Bon Voyage :)