Friend request

Pam

I know this is totally off-topic, but Azamara seems to be my home board now.

I didn't know there could be friends lists here, but I have a friend request; there doesn't seem to be any way to accept or reject friend requests.

Edited by Pam
punctuation

I know this is totally off-topic, but Azamara seems to be my home board now.

I didn't know there could be friends lists here, but I have a friend request; there doesn't seem to be any way to accept or reject friend requests.

Pam, look up at the banner across the top of the page that says "Cruise Critic" at its upper left. At the very bottom of the banner all the way to the left is a button labeled "User CP." Click on that and on the page that comes up in the column on the left there's another button labeled "Contacts & Friends." Click on that and the next page should allow you to accept or reject the request.

Yes, it gets partially that way, then it skips all over to the top right hand corner where where is a square of blue, that says Notifications( mine only has a 1 on it right now); if I click on that, i am told that I have friend request from (someone I don't know). I am not able to accept or reject that request. It isn't keeping me awake nights, but I just haven't even seen anything like this talked about before.

To make myself clear it is the far right-hand corner of the entire page. I'll try to recreate this on somebody's page.

Edited by Pam

I guess I haven't worded things correctly. I can see everything you are talking about; I have made repeated attempts to both accept and decline this friend request (it isn't a person I know), and nothing works. It is all still there. I click on either "accept' or "reject", then "submit", and nothing happens.

Okay. I found one more little box to click, and it worked. Thanks to all of you! This has been going on for weeks, and I've been trying and trying to fix it.

Edited by Pam

On the notifications screen, you'll see a tiny box on top of the square where the person's photo should be. Touch that tiny box and there will appear a check mark as well as the photo. THEN touch the Save button below. I'm guessing you didn't notice the tiny box on the photo (avatar)?

On this topic of friend requests, does anyone know the benefits of these? What does one do with them?

Edited by BBMacLaird
Clean up a typographic error

Bonnie, I didn't even know we had friend requests, or friend lists here. We don't have private messaging, so when the notification of the friend request popped up I was surprised. I kept expecting it go to away, but it didn't.

And yes, it was the avatar box that I had missed, I guess I didn't think it had anything to do with my problem.