Need help

esper10

Hi

We will be visiting this Grend in a cruise. This is our first time at this port. Even though I read the port review I still like to know from you who has been to this port before if you recommend an excursion at this port or just do our own for example take a bus stay by the ship....We don't like sport or water just see the sights, island tour. Any idea will be grateful

Hi

We will be visiting this Grend in a cruise. This is our first time at this port. Even though I read the port review I still like to know from you who has been to this port before if you recommend an excursion at this port or just do our own for example take a bus stay by the ship....We don't like sport or water just see the sights, island tour. Any idea will be grateful[/quote

We took Spice tour with Mandoo ( highly recommended) and after that water taxi to Grand Anse beach.

Edited by kurgan

The cruise port terminal ( Esplanade Mall) has numerous tour operators who provide island tours for very reasonable prices. We ended up taking one of these tours after our original excursion we booked got cancelled and were able to choose one that only had 8 people including ourselves in the van.

We stopped at a small spice store on the island and bought several baskets of spices to bring back home as gifts for friends. The tour included the farmers market, small waterfall, Grand Etang Lake, a gorgeous view from a lookout, and a few other places including a chance to get our picture taken with the monkeys for a small fee. Overall, it was a nice tour; nothing particularly WOW! but we did see a lot of the island. Had it not been raining that day, we would have stopped at the beach as well.

We just returned Jan 3 from RCCL Legend and Grenada was one of our ports. We just got off and walked around - very colorful. There will be a lot of taxis asking if you want a ride/tour and plenty of locals asking if you want a guide. We juts walked through the port area and made a right and walked toward the fort - walked though the tunnel ( single file) to a harbor area very colorful and beautiful found a grocery and bought some water and a nice little shop where we bought spice baskets. Walked back through tunnel and made the climb to the fort which I recommend - its about 25 steps up and then an hill just pace yourself. We are in our 50's and we were able to make it and I dont consider myself to be in great shape. Views from fort are spectacular! My brother in law did the 7 sisters fall hike and it was a work out he said but picks and video he brought back were amazing! the more I look at our pictures from Grenada the more I appreciate how beautiful it is.

We just returned Jan 3 from RCCL Legend and Grenada was one of our ports. We just got off and walked around - very colorful. There will be a lot of taxis asking if you want a ride/tour and plenty of locals asking if you want a guide. We juts walked through the port area and made a right and walked toward the fort - walked though the tunnel ( single file) to a harbor area very colorful and beautiful found a grocery and bought some water and a nice little shop where we bought spice baskets. Walked back through tunnel and made the climb to the fort which I recommend - its about 25 steps up and then an hill just pace yourself. We are in our 50's and we were able to make it and I dont consider myself to be in great shape. Views from fort are spectacular! My brother in law did the 7 sisters fall hike and it was a work out he said but picks and video he brought back were amazing! the more I look at our pictures from Grenada the more I appreciate how beautiful it is.

Thanks so mcuh

Edited by esper10