Rumour;-Remy Afternoon Tea to start.

DISNEY FANTASY

A cruiser on the Fantasy has said that A Remy server said that they are introducing a High Tea focusing on sweets and desserts - hoping to start trials in the next few months...

One to look out for...

Its a good use of Remy and an income earner, I assume as its limited seating it will cost, maybe $25 > $30pp

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

If tea is anything like dinner, it will be well worth the price. It would be smart of Disney to keep the price reasonable since this may serve to lure people to return for dinner. Remy was one of the most memorable dining experiences I ever had.

I would gladly pay $30 for a quality high tea with several courses.

I really hope they don't add characters or kids at Remy. Use one of the MDR's for a kids tea. Don't cheapen or dilute the Remy product.

I would gladly pay $30 for a quality high tea with several courses.

I really hope they don't add characters or kids at Remy. Use one of the MDR's for a kids tea. Don't cheapen or dilute the Remy product.

I agree about the using mdr for the kids tea. But I still think that would be a good idea. Little girls would love it

If tea is anything like dinner, it will be well worth the price. It would be smart of Disney to keep the price reasonable since this may serve to lure people to return for dinner. Remy was one of the most memorable dining experiences I ever had.

Apparently its 5 cakes.... very rich and indulgent.

We watched Palo high tea go from $5 to 510 to $15...and IMHO, it was not worth that. Sorry...then it was discontinued due to lack of bookings and the fact that by discontinuing tea they could lengthen brunch hours. We enjoyed the tea, but at $15....well, it didn't make sense any more.

Remy would have to be priced right, but I'm sure DCL will find the "sweet spot."

For the right price I would book it. We loved High Tea on the Magic and Wonder. Did High Tea at the Grand Floridian on our honeymoon so it always holds a special place in our hearts.

I agree with keeping it adults only.

For the right price I would book it. We loved High Tea on the Magic and Wonder. Did High Tea at the Grand Floridian on our honeymoon so it always holds a special place in our hearts.

I agree with keeping it adults only.

I did Palo afternoon tea many times did like it at start until someone changed the menu and made it very Americanism rather than traditional English tea, they did swap it back but then stopped it.

I think Remy afternoon tea is more like tea at the ritz with five cakes, I think nice experience, I think exclusive, I think expensive.

Personally I think it will be closer to $10-$15. Tea and sweets would be WAY over priced at $25-$30

Actually $25-30 for high tea is a good deal. It typically goes much higher than that here in DC. I think I paid $50 per person at the Ritz a few years ago.

I would love an elegant adult high tea at Remy. That would be great. High tea at the ritz is nothing like "tea parties" for little girls. The kids should have their own event. They can't handle the china, spill, wiggle, giggle, and don't like the more upscale tea sandwiches and condiments. Ok, I'm generalizing. My 7 year old loves tea parties. We host, go to them, and go out for fancy tea. But really she wants to feel fancy and eat cupcakes and drink lemonade. I love the calm, refined and elegant aspect of a nice adult high tea.

I would love an elegant adult high tea at Remy. That would be great. High tea at the ritz is nothing like "tea parties" for little girls. The kids should have their own event. They can't handle the china, spill, wiggle, giggle, and don't like the more upscale tea sandwiches and condiments. Ok, I'm generalizing. My 7 year old loves tea parties. We host, go to them, and go out for fancy tea. But really she wants to feel fancy and eat cupcakes and drink lemonade. I love the calm, refined and elegant aspect of a nice adult high tea.

Yes and I think there will be enough people who think the same as you tea on bone china, up scale event, you can pay hundreds for that in London, it's the over all experience and fits well with the Remy brand.

Yes and I think there will be enough people who think the same as you tea on bone china, up scale event, you can pay hundreds for that in London, it's the over all experience and fits well with the Remy brand.

You are exaggerating the prices there Mate.

No way is it 100's of $ to have afternoon tea in London per person!

Claridges - Champagne Afternoon Tea - £69 -$111

http://shop.claridges.co.uk/mall/productpage.cfm/Claridges/_CLA-CHTEA/248249/CHAMPAGNE%20AFTERNOON%20TEA

Savoy - £26-40 - $42-64

http://www.toptable.co.uk/the-savoy-thames-foyer-reservations-london?restref=70195

Or my Favorite. The Lanesborough - £50 - $80 with a glass of Tattenger.

http://www.lanesborough.com/en/london-afternoon-tea

Sorry but you are over estimating it.

Ex techie

• 5 months later...

"The adult only dessert experience will treat your taste buds to a sweet selection of delectable desserts. The experience will feature a 5-course dessert menu, coffee and an in-depth discussion with the Executive Chef and Executive Pastry Chef of Remy. As each dessert is presented, they’ll explain the history and evolution of the dessert. The Remy dessert experience is $50.00 per person. Guests may also select to add a Champagne Pairing to their dining experience for $25.00 per person."

Every Thursday afternoon, day at sea between 3:30 and 4:30pm.

Sent from my iPad.

Actually $25-30 for high tea is a good deal. It typically goes much higher than that here in DC. I think I paid $50 per person at the Ritz a few years ago.

That's what it is at the Rittenhouse in Philadelphia as well.

"The adult only dessert experience will treat your taste buds to a sweet selection of delectable desserts. The experience will feature a 5-course dessert menu, coffee and an in-depth discussion with the Executive Chef and Executive Pastry Chef of Remy. As each dessert is presented, they’ll explain the history and evolution of the dessert. The Remy dessert experience is $50.00 per person. Guests may also select to add a Champagne Pairing to their dining experience for $25.00 per person."

Sent from my iPad.

Sounds like it is more of a dessert experience than a high tea (especially since they mention coffee not tea). No current plans to cruise on Fantasy but if they still have it when we do I might check it out. Thanks for the update.

Sent from my iPad.

No way would I want dinner after that. No. Friggin. Way! LOL.

I am curious to hear the reviews, but I can't imagine spending 100$ for mid-afternoon desserts.