NYC ship clearance time?

4774Papa

We are on Celebrity Eclipse transatlantic from Southampton to Miami, with stops in Boston, NYC, Bermuda and Nassau.

Our schedule indicates that we arrive in NYC at 3PM on Sunday 5 Nov. I want to book some activities at the 911 Muesum or Freedom Tower Observatory, but don't know when the ship will clear for passengers? I expect that taking a taxi to the Freedom Tower might take 20 minutes?

Any guidance would be helpful.

Thanks

Boston being the first stop ? on this T/A - if so, you won't have to clear CBP again as NYC is 2nd. port visited, assumed ship is cleared quickly. You should be able to leave the ship around 4 PM. NCL's Breakaway, I believe, will be sailing out around 3 PM on that Sunday.

Observatory is open till 9 PM (even for winter hours, please double check when reserving tickets) and you wanted to set aside 2 hours at a minimum to walk thru, how about 5:00 or 5:30 PM to play it safe - enough time to come off the ship, taxi or car service straight down 12th Ave/ "old" West Side Hwy to WTC area, about 15 to 20 minutes. Taxi stand just across W. 48th Street at 12th Avenue @ traffic light.

If you get off earlier than plan, there are other tourist sites to see & visit in the area, i.e. Trinity Church and Wall Street, etc. are all nearby & very walkable ... with Daylight Savings Time changed, it will be dark around 5 PM local time.