Coco Cay Aqua Park Question

BeachBum402014

Looking for clarification from recent travelers to Coco Cay. Regarding the Aqua Park / Waterslide Combo, when you book this excursion it requests a time slot. I was told or had heard with the combo, you have all day at the Aqua Park but only an hour on the waterslide. I booked the excursion, however, it only shows it for an hour on that day. I've checked with my travel agent and RC but no one seems to give the same answer. Hoping a recent traveler can provide clarification as I'm hoping for all day access to the park. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had answered the OP's question through Tripadvisor, but since others are are also asking about the Aqua Park and waterslide combo, I'll post my reply here:

We were in CocoCay in August and this is how the Aqua Park/Waterslide combo worked.

The Aqua Park/Waterslide combo gives you one hour at the Aqua Park-- according to the time slot your picked. For example, if you picked 10:00, that is the time you are scheduled to enjoy its use--and again you only get one hour here.

The inflatable waterslide is unlimited and is available all day--no time slot is required for the waterslide!

So with this combo, you get one hour at the Aqua Park and all day access to the inflatable waterslide. The time that is confirmed on your booking form only affects the Aqua Park, as this is your scheduled time for its use.

If you would want all-day access to the Aqua Park, then you would need to reserve a spot in all the available time slots, and that would get expensive.

How it works?

Bring your voucher to the Aqua Park desk located at Coconut Willies Beach. Here you will be given wrist bands. With the combo you will be given two different colored wrist bands--one for the aqua park and another one for the waterslide. There is a different colored wrist band for each Aqua Park time slot. When your scheduled time is up, the life guard blows a whistle and everyone must exit the water park and go ashore, where the next scheduled group will be waiting.

The Aqua Park check in desk.

You can see the inflatable waterslide behind.

IMG_0073_zps20992195.jpg

The next scheduled group enters the Aqua Park.

DSCF4001_zps42b681c8.jpg

Having fun in the Aqua Park.

IMG_0064_zpsf1c470df.jpg

Inflatable waterslide from the beach.

IMG_0020_zps950f194b.jpg

A view of the Aqua Park from Coconut Willies Beach.

IMG_0034_zps8eb0a930.jpg

Hope this helps!

If you require any further clarification, please let me know.

Edited by dz63

• 3 weeks later...
how much was the aqua park/waterslide combo? would a 9 and 11 year old be able to do it on their own?

We paid $32 for the Aqua Park and Waterslide Combo.

As everyone is required to wear a life vest and there is a lifeguard out there, a 9 and 11 year old should be fine on their own.

• 1 month later...

Couple questions...

1) I've heard to wait and book this excursion just in case the ship encounters rough weather and cannot make it to port. Can you book this on board? Is it still the $32 for the combo?

2) I'm assuming they give you the life jacket to borrow there, correct? (i.e. you don't need to bring your own)

3) Is the walk from where the tender drops you off to the entrance of the aqua park fairly close?

4) Don't laugh..I'm scared of fish. I think some of that has rubbed off on my kids unfortunately and they get scared too. When you walk out to the aqua park, did you see any fish?

If they can't make the port...they will refund your money. Yes...lifejackets are provided!

You'll be in the ocean...there are fish in the ocean. Can't help it! No...they probably won't bother you...although I did get a "fish hickey" once while skinny dipping!

Couple questions...

1) I've heard to wait and book this excursion just in case the ship encounters rough weather and cannot make it to port. Can you book this on board? Is it still the $32 for the combo?

2) I'm assuming they give you the life jacket to borrow there, correct? (i.e. you don't need to bring your own)

3) Is the walk from where the tender drops you off to the entrance of the aqua park fairly close?

4) Don't laugh..I'm scared of fish. I think some of that has rubbed off on my kids unfortunately and they get scared too. When you walk out to the aqua park, did you see any fish?

1) Yes, the cost of the combo is still $32 if you book this on board. Just be aware of the possible risk of spots being filled up by booking last minute. When we were checking in at the Aqua Desk on the beach they were turning people away because all the time slots were full. If this is something you really want to do I would recommend pre-booking. If the ship cannot make it to port due to rough weather, you would be refunded.

2) Life jackets are provided. You do not need to bring your own.

3) The Aqua Park is located along Coconut Willies Beach, which is on the other side of the island from where the tender lands. This is an easy walk and is not that far, perhaps 5 minutes?

4) In regards to fish, nothing apparent stands out--we did not notice any large fish.

how much was the aqua park/waterslide combo? would a 9 and 11 year old be able to do it on their own?

I agree with dz63 to a point. I did the Aqua Park with my daughter about 2 years ago. She was 9 then. While I wasn't concerned for her safety, some of the inflatables are difficult to get up on unless you have a lot of upper body strength. I was constantly try to help smaller/younger kids (who were out there alone) to just try to get their feet up on the ladders. Keep in mind that you are in water where you can't touch the bottom so you need to be able to haul yourself up. This is not an issue for some people but can be for others (it was for us).

• 3 months later...

For your interest: I have finally completed our video presentation of our cruise stop in CocoCay. There are clips of the Aqua Park and the waterslide in it.

[YOUTUBE]-4FrXrPViE4[/YOUTUBE]

For your interest: I have finally completed our video presentation of our cruise stop in CocoCay. There are clips of the Aqua Park and the waterslide in it.

[YOUTUBE]-4FrXrPViE4[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks for sharing that was awesome! Also help me decide that my 6yr olds would not be able to lift them selves out of the water to do most of the slides...