Crown Princess - 11/28/2009

marcallen

I am sailing Dec 5th...the day you disembark.

Dont tear up the ship too much:D

Dont wreck the crew:p

But have a great time.......if I find the crew really smiling, I'll know you warmed them up for the next sailing;)

Bon voyage!

I'll also be sailing on the Crown Princess on 11/28/09. I'm traveling with an older neighbor friend of mine (I'm late 30's, she's "early 20th century" ;) ). Also joining us on the cruise is an older male couple, whom I have not met (as of yet).

This will be my first cruise with Princess, but I've traveled quite a bit on RCI. I've heard generally positive comments about Princess and gay travelers/socializing, but the demographic on our particluar cruise is sure to have a significant impact on how dynamic it'll be; I'm looking forward to it.

Gigglewolf O' The Seas

:p

My partner and I are a male couple in our 40s from Orlando and have booked this cruise. This will be our second cruise with Princess. We took a 7 day cruise from Vancouver to Whittier, AK in May (along with a 7 day land tour) and loved it. We met quite a few same sex couples on that cruise, and hope we meet more on this one too!

Good to hear you & your partner will also be on this cruise. Seems like our "F.O.D." contingent is growing bit-by-bit.

Me: Single male, late 30's, from the Fort Lauderdale area, traveling with the aforementioned folks described in my earlier post. The older neighbor-lady I'm traveling with is a "feisty broad" with a wry sense of humor.

I'm really looking forward to this first-time cruise on Princess. I'm sure it'll be great and I look forward to meeting some great folks while onboard.

Let me know if you'd like to exchange emails & other info prior to sailing.

Bon voyage,

Gigglewolf-Of-The-Seas

:)

Hi everyone. I am so glad to see that we have a nice growing contingent on this cruise. The regular roll call is a hetero fest.

I am Keith, live in Fort Lauderdale, single, 53, and have loved cruising on Princess the last 2 trips. My email address at home is kwinters42@comcast.net if anybody would like to chat. I work at the Broward Convention Center so I get to see our ship every week during season. Princess shares the same garage with us.

Looking forward to meeting all of you. We should plan a meeting because on my last cruise there was no FOD the entire week. The first cruise had a meeting every day. I guess it depends on the cruise staff sponsoring it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone - nice to see that there will be some family on board. We will have to plan a get together so we can all meet. On our Alaska cruise on the Coral the FOD organizer was gay so that was definitely an ice breaker. CruiseMonster, maybe we should start a new thread to gain visibility :-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm debating taking either the late Nov or Dec 4rth cruise. I had really wanted a longer cruise but the deal I found on this ship is out of this world. I'd really like to hear more about this cruise? Are the mini-suites nice? do they come w/ any added ammenities? Also, anyone feel free to email me or request friends. I did not block my email, but I don't know if you can email anyone before you "friend" them??

Chris

I am on the Dec 5th sailing of the Crown.

I see you have sailed Crystal....

Be advised Princess is a mass market line...not like Crystal.I'm a Regent cruiser thatlikes Princess.

They do a nice job, and I have always enjoyed my times on their ships. The crews have always been very gay friendly in my opinion.

Mini suites are very comfy, about 50% bigger than the normal balcony cabin on board, full bath, champagne.

There are a few other "family" members on this sailing who have posted on cruise critic.

Right after Thanksgiving there should be very few children onboard.

I chose anytime dining...as Regent spoiled me with eating when and with whom I choose to eat with. Also the steak restaurant will see me at least once if not more...especially if I get to dine with new found friends.

Hope to see you on board.

By the way , there is another website...cruise fellows where people post pictures.....a great way to match a face with a name.

Princess...for the money...a really good deal.

Tom

My partner and I are from the San Francisco area and looking forward to a cruise in the Caribbean. Hope to meet many of you on board!

Paul & Mark

Hi Paul and Mark. Welcome aboard. I spent 25 wonderful years in San Francisco until the market crashed and things got too expensive.

Looking forward to hearing stories about the beautiful bay area. How is Bart these days?

was hoping to see a few more posts as we get close. anyway, this is only our second cruise and second time to the ft. lauderdale area. had a great time last fall there. we are arriving 2 days before and leaving 2 days after so would look forward to any suggestions on land as well as hints on the shore excursions. cruisemonster, bart is still great but we are in the east bay and don't get to the city as often as we should.

I'm traveling on this same voyage & live in the Fort Lauderdale area. I'd be glad to provide any advice you might need for your pre/post visits to the area. Let me know if there's an email address where you'd like me to contact you.

P.S.- If anyone else would like some info on the Fort Lauderdale area, I'd be glad to help; let me know.

Bon voyage to ALL OF US :D

Gigglewolf!!

We think our pre-post portion is fairly figured out but look forward to any suggestions for the nightlife. We are both early 50's according to the calendar but our minds still think we are in our 30's. Still up in the air on what to do in Cozumel and Roatan. Love to hear from anyone at max41819@me.com and cant wait to meet on the ship.

Thanks,

Paul and Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Archived