Crown Princess - 11/28/2009

marcallen

Three weeks and will be relaxing on the Crown. Saying hi again. Been awhile since last post. We are a male couple from the Orlando area - 49 and 46.

We've booked the following excusions for now:

Grand Cayman - Dolphin Encounter & Turtle Farm

Cozumel - Cozumel Sail, Snorkel & Beach

Roatan - Gumbalimba Preservation Park

Not sure though on the Roatan one as it did not best reviews.

What are others doing?

Is anyone going to the meet and greet being arranged on the other message board?

Can't wait. After long deliberation and finally saying to heck with the budget we are doing:

Grand Cayman - Dolphin swim and stingray

Cozumel - nothing, shop, explore, local bar?

Roatan - Catamaran sail and snorkel

It appears that the other M & G is getting moved to Sunday but having an informal: "A lot of us are going to the Outrigger bar right after muster for an Informal Meet and greet, on deck 15 aft". Mark and I will be somewhere on the Lido deck or around the pools anyway so that sounds good. Any suggestions?

Wanted to mention we will have company in Cozumel. Going to be crowded. Of course it does not mean everyone gets off their ship or the ships will be full. But it will probably be hectic. Finding a seat at a bar may be a good idea!

30-Nov-2009 - Grand Cayman - 5566 cruise passengers

Grandeur Of The Seas, Crown Princess

01-Dec-2009 - Roatan - 8348 cruise passengers

Norwegian Jewel, Celebrity Equinox, Crown Princess

02-Dec-2009 - Cozumel 22480 cruise passengers

Norwegian Dawn, Navigator Of The Seas, Carnival Fantasy, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Legend, Celebrity Equinox, Disney Magic, Crown Princess

Wanted to mention we will have company in Cozumel. Going to be crowded. Of course it does not mean everyone gets off their ship or the ships will be full. But it will probably be hectic. Finding a seat at a bar may be a good idea! ;)

30-Nov-2009 - Grand Cayman - 5566 cruise passengers

Grandeur Of The Seas, Crown Princess

01-Dec-2009 - Roatan - 8348 cruise passengers

Norwegian Jewel, Celebrity Equinox, Crown Princess

02-Dec-2009 - Cozumel 22480 cruise passengers

Norwegian Dawn, Navigator Of The Seas, Carnival Fantasy, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Legend, Celebrity Equinox, Disney Magic, Crown Princess

We may try to go to both - why not. Since the sail away is roughly after the muster drill and we'll be wandering around on deck checking out the ship, so it will probably be time to have another 'refershing' beverage We had good intentions of going to the M & G on our Alaska cruise in May but somehow just lost track of time on the second day. Think we did a wine tasting at the same time.

We just got back from a quick 3 day cruise to the Bahamas over Halloween weekend so we are ready for this one.

So I know there will probably be the standard CruiseCritic "Meet & Greet", but I'm a little confused as to if a F.O.D./GLBT "Meet & Greet" has been formally/informally set-up (?).

This is my first time sailing on Princess so I'll definitely be looking to get my bearings that first afternoon/evening.

Let me know if something has already been planned or if you guys/gals are interested in setting something up in advance (?).

16 days & COUNTING!!

Cheers!

Gigglewolf

:p

P.S.- Me: 39, single, husky-prep kinda guy who enjoys the company of other down-to-earth folks. ;)

I think the Outrigger Bar sounds great since it is Lido Aft and right after Muster does move right into Sail-A-Way.

How should we know we are us? Is that even English?

I am doing the Dolphin Encounter in Cayman also.

I am going to the Mayan Ruins in Cozumel.

Can't remember Roatan right now.

Looking forward to meeting the gang. Almost 2 weeks to go. I still don't have a cabin assignment yet.

Keith

I was on the Ruby last year same week and on either Saturday over night or Sunday over night, the ship became a XMAS Wonderland. We came on the ship and it was normal and while we slept one night, little elves took over the ship and transformed it. It was beautiful.

I love the menu. I have had no complaints with the food on either of my prior Princess voyages. This looks like another winner week.

Are we doing beads or some form of ID for our meet and greet or is Gaydar enough? LOL.

Keith

Don't have any beads. Maybe we all wear speedos?:eek: Gaydar should do. We haven't heard from a few on this thread so it may by just Gigglewolf, Keith, and "bigwxman" but that's great. Anyone else would be welcome.

Finally finished packing and ready for early morning all-day flight from the west coast. Weather doesn't look too promising for Friday but we will be looking forward to enjoying some of Ft. Lauderdale's nightlife friday night so it won't matter.

Here's to a fun 7 days:D

Paul and Mark

I sail the following week.

be nice to the bar men so they are in good spirits when I board.

If anyone posts while on board......any recommendations on things not to miss or things to avoid would be appreciated.

Tom

Princess.....it says it all:D:D:D

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving and is looking forward to a relaxing cruise. We plan on joining the others after the muster drill. Also, unlike RCL, Princess is still posting the LGLBT gatherings - a couple of the Pitter Patters from the Crown sailing 2 weeks ago has been posted http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1087363&page=13 Just have to start packing - after shopping in the a.m.

Archived