Which tour for stingray city?

peiaigol524

I just booked with Stingray Sailings. I had read so many reviews about great tour companies but went with Stingray Sailings because they use a catamaran, take a small amount of people and they didn't want any $$$ up front, always a plus.

I emailed and got a quick reply from Michelle who is the skippers wife.

I have heard great things about Nativeway and Moby Dick as well. Good luck with your choice.

We did Stingray City with Stingray Sailing last week, and it was amazing. The only negative was that the weather did not co-operate with our plans. There were only 10 of us on the boat, and we were all from the same cruise. There were 5 adults, 4 children and a toddler. Captain Chip and Mark were wonderful. Once we got to stingray city all of the the children, 4 girls decided they were scared and started screaming and crying. My 6 year old, the youngest of the 4 children was the only one who calmed down quickly. Mark worked with she and i and actually got her to hold a stingray. I would book with them again in a heartbeat, well worth the price.

STINGRAY SAILINGS!!!

Our port date on Grand Cayman was up in the air. Carnival didn't have an answer so Michelle from Stingray Sailings was working diligently to get an answer. They are definately A-1 when it comes to customer service.

Does anyone know if any other companies do the rays, reef and rum point tours? I was going to book with nativeways however they said they have a large group on the date I am seeking so there is no availability :(

I suppose I could do it through princess cruises, however have heard how packed they are, so dont know if it will be nearly as enjoyable!

Moby Dick--they were wonderful and no money up front!! Think their max was 17. Had a wonderful time--would not hesitate to go with them again. But book them on line to make sure you actually get the Moby Dick tour--if they are booked and you walk up to them at the dock they will actually book you with another tour company. We were 1st time snorkelers and they were of great help--they made sure everyone got to hold, feed and kiss the stingrays! Our tour actually lasted an hours longer then scheduled. Have also heard Capt Marvins is very good but they require a deposit on your credit card.

We did Stingray City with Stingray Sailing last week, and it was amazing. The only negative was that the weather did not co-operate with our plans. There were only 10 of us on the boat, and we were all from the same cruise. There were 5 adults, 4 children and a toddler. Captain Chip and Mark were wonderful. Once we got to stingray city all of the the children, 4 girls decided they were scared and started screaming and crying. My 6 year old, the youngest of the 4 children was the only one who calmed down quickly. Mark worked with she and i and actually got her to hold a stingray. I would book with them again in a heartbeat, well worth the price.

We went with Stingray Sailing midSeptember too. And had the same experience with Mark...my daughter didn't want to get in the water. I was dealing with 4 other kids from my group(and my own panic which I didn't expect :0) and she was sitting on the edge of the boat watching. Mark asked if he could try to get her in the water.. Next thing I know he's telling me to bring my camera and she's standing there holding a sting ray! He is absolutely great with kids!

It shouldn't take too much longer. They are good about answering and confirming rsvp. I used them in April and they were great!

Does anybody know how long it will take to get an answer from Captain Marvin.

I put in a reservation for a tour November,12 th and have no confirmation yet.I applied two days ago.

Thanks

Ellen

We used Capt Marvin's a few years ago - had a wonderful time - and have booked them again for Nov. 6. You can call them toll-free, 1-866-978-6364 (10am - 3pm, M-F). I had posted a question on their website and then found their number. When I called the next day, the woman was in the midst of answering my emailed question! So, she just answered my questions then and took my reservation. She subsequently emailed me a confirmation. I was impressed with her professionalism and as I said above, we found their operation quite nice a few years ago.

Anyone have any input on Buccaneers stingray city tour - all that glitter on the website makes it look great - but is it?

We used the Buccaneer a couple of years ago and loved it. Check out my photos in my signature for a peek of our fun. If I just wanted to go snorkeling and SRC, I would use them again in a heartbeat.

we just did this tour last Thursday and had a great time. Only 15 people plus 2 crew on board. Stingray city + snorkel site, van (airconditioned) tour to pick up sight and drinks on board. Very personable service.

We just returned from our cruise and highly recommend Fat Fish Adventures. We booked the jet ski tour to Stingray City. There were only 2 couples booked for our time frame so it was a very personalized experience. I think the most they book at one time is 5 jet skis per excursion. My husband and I rode together, about 15 minutes or so out to the stingray sandbar. There we anchored in the general vicinity of the other tour boats but off on our own. We were able to interact with the stingrays away from the crowds which was really nice. After we had our fill, we jumped back on the jet skis and went to a secluded area where we snorkelled for awhile. Back onto the jet skis to a beach bar and grill where we had lunch and then back to where we started. The time of the excursion probably varies as to how many people he has booked that day. We were fortunate and our excursion lasted 3 1/2 hours and was worth every penny. Peter, our guide was friendly and knowledgeable. They require a small deposit up front with balance due at time of excursion. We wouldn't hesitate booking Fat Fish Adventures again and are recommending them to all our cruising friends. You won't be disappointed.

Archived