Which tour for stingray city?

peiaigol524

I know that Sharon does read this board so she should be aware of what happened to you. When we took the tour almost a year ago, her husband was our bus driver.
Was he the DH or ....:mad: I know a day like that could definitely happen at any moment!!! Hope it doesn't happen for our trip - just a phase of the moon thing!

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back and cannot say enough good things about Stingray Sailing. Captain Chip and his crew and topflight professionals, and made sure we learned things as well as had a good time. There is both sun and shade on the boat (catamaran), and the group is limited. My husband was a bit wary about swimming with the rays, but he ended up loving it! We intend to go back again, and without a doubt will book Stingray Sailing, and it was a gentle sail with a lot of time. And you can be dropped off anywhere along the beach on the way back.

Well, here's another vote for Fat Fish Adventures. It was a totally awesome experience and there's really nothing more I can say that hasn't been said. Class act all the way and the most fun I've had in a long time!

Here's another vote for Nativeway. I have gone with them twice, most recently in November.

On the day we were there, we were the only couple going to Rum Point. They honored their agreement with us and took us, although I'm sure it was a financial loss for them. They left one of their guides at Rum Point with us, and had another drive over and return us to the ship. Our food was ready when we arrived at Rum Point, and I loved the beach. Seven Mile didn't appeal to me, with being in sight of the ship and the long rows of hotels, etc. I like the trees and rocks at Rum Point. We arrived back in port with plenty of time to shop.

Sharon was very gracious to us and accomodated us by putting us with the Rays, Reef and Star Fish tour and switching that tour to a larger boat in order to have time to take us to Rum Point and get the other group back.

I especially appreciated Sharon's honoring our reservation, after our fiasco in Belize when the tour operators there canceled on us at the dock, saying they couldn't afford to take only 4-6 people out to Caye Caulker. (Read my Legend Review in my signature for that full story.:))

I'm sorry the previous poster had a bad experience, but from what I've seen of Sharon's graciousness and character, I would say it was definitely just an off day.

Wonderful wonderful customer service. Quick reponse to inquiries before we left on the cruise. We docked about 1 1/2 hours early and met up with Chip just to check in, he was constantly coming over and letting us know the status of leaving. The catamaran was very relaxing. The group was small, which is one of the reasons we booked with them. (the other being they didn't require a deposit ahead of time, paid in full after the tour). The first mate told funny stories on the way to Stingray City and both he and Chip could answer any question about stingrays or Grand Cayman. The rays and the snorkling were fantastic, we couldn't have asked for a better day. I would highly recommend Stingray Sailing to everyone!

Another very enthusiastic vote for Stingray Sailing. Went on November 30, with a small group. Very personal attention, friendly staff and they really adapted to people's needs. My friend was terrified and the staff stayed with her the whole time and helped her back on the boat when she'd had enough. They were patient with children, scaredy cats, poor swimmers. Everyone was safe and happy. Chip even stopped the bus to pick up some stranded passengers from another excursion on the way back to the port. I can't recommend them enough!

We just got back after sailing aboard the 50ft catamaran-Hannibal. Tour was limited to 15 people so there was lots of room onboard to layout in the sun. We motored 25 minutes to Sting Ray City, During the cruise we got our snorkeling gear. Sting Ray City was great and we most pleased after seeing the other groups of 40+ from other tour companies. The first mate Miguel had everyone in the group who wanted got to hold a stingray while he took pictures. We also could feed them.Sting Ray City is unbelievable with so many sting rays in waste deep water.

After Sting Ray City we headed to the Coral Reef. Miguel teased a large moray eel out of his hole for us to view.

We had a relaxing sail back to shore. For a great time contact Island Marketing for reservations--$35/pp.

Question for those who used Nativeways for the rays, reef and rumpoint tour - how long were you at stingray city? How long to get to rumpoint and how much time at the beach? I believe lunch is included? How long does that take? What were the facilities like and was the beach crowded?

I know stingray sailing gets excellent reviews but the last 2 times on a catamaran I was very seasick and now have like a 'catamaran phobia'? :D - too worried about being sick onboard and not enjoying myself!

For those that ended up at 7 mile beach - what 'area' of the beach did you go to? Crowded? Facilities?

Any info greatly appreciated.

We were probably at Stingray City about 30 minutes. At Rumpoint about 1 1/2 hours. They take your food order on the boat and call it in, so your food is ready when you get there. Our guide made sure we had our food right away, and showed us around. Then we were on our own to explore until our guide gave us a 10 minute warning for time to leave.

I can't estimate how many people were there - it was not crowded. We didn't have trouble finding chairs and I didn't feel like everyone was piled up on top of each other. There was a gift shop and I believe the restroom was pretty clean. I would definitely go back again.

• 2 months later...
not sure if you cruised and/or booked yet but we just got back and had booked with stingraysailing dot com. It's the best tour company we ever used. Michelle the captains wife is REALLY fast with emails, and will answer any questions you may have. It's a nice size catamaren? so it's not so crowded like other tours. Chip is the captain and Mark was his asst, they were FANTASTIC, they are right there in the water with and helping you interact with the stingrays. When we went to the snorkel part my 11 yr old was drifting towards the reef and before I could grab him, Chip was there ( not even sure where he came from lol) grabbed him and pulled him back in the right direction. After the snorkel, Chip brought out some fresh cut up fruit to rid the salty taste in the mouth. THey also have complimentary bottled water. Soda and beer are for sale. Michelle lets you know ahead of time what they offer and even you want something else they'll make sure they have it for you. Chip and Mark were very friendly and talked the whole time. I HIGHLY recommend them...

We have a trip planned with stingraysailing.com in June. Did you tip them, or is the price you paid the total amount? Thanks.

Archived