Just back from a Great trip on the Dream!! 4/17-4/24 anyone else?

jolyroger

Well the buzz is wearing off from such a great trip on the Carnival Dream!!! It was everything I hoped for any more!! The ship is absolutly beautiful...and huge!! Yes its the first time we cruised with Carnival and will not be our last! After reading many negative posts about the dream we went into the trip with a good attitude (hay we aren't home and not working, and as my hubby put it we are one of the lucky ones who can afford to go on a cruise in the first place)

I'll try to make it short and sweet!

Port Canaveral was a breeze , arrived around 11:30 took no longer than half hour and we were on the ship exploring!

Had a great lunch in the Crimson lounge very yummy and stared already with a "Kiss on the lips drink"...Yummo

We found our room which was on deck 9 Vista deck ,9391...We heard negative about it being under the buffets and such...We had no problem with sound...Inlaws were next door and said the same....

Would definatly get that room again! ohh and Wayon our room assisant was great very personable!

Kids loved the waterslides...Me too! Could not stop saying that "we are on a waterslide in the middle of the Carribean! Only one , day before we left that we noticed they were closed due to wind...Oh yeah, very windy, almost lost my drink....(it was close but I ended up sucking it down to avoid the worst!)

Dining was nice , we ate in the Crimson dining room, this for us was basically the only thing we could say that stunk(not literally although we did smell that smell every now and then but nothing that would ruin our trip) we were table 260 in the purple room in the Crimson Dining room .

We felt very isolated in it, its kinda like a side room ,you missed out on the singing and dancing (if you like it) .

Our waiter who for the life of me I can't remember his name was fine , but the assistant waiter Leonard was great. Sweet to our girls and they loved him...very hard worker..

The shows were good , we loved Dancing in the streets but you defianlty have to get there at least 30 mins before show, especally for this one..Fills up very fast..and yes there are chairs hogs!!!

And speaking of chair hogs there were some on the decks, but nothing crazy, we always managed to find something .

The buffets lines we few its all about how you timed it....We found the food great , loved the Deli ,Bejamin made great sandwiches there anytime of the day....Tried the burrito bar and sushi bar, grill , pasta..Yeah I believe we tried them all , they were good!

As far as excusions...

Cozumel did Dolphin encounter which was great....HUbby was not to fond of island though very Commercialzed(is that a word?)

Isla Roaton...Loved it we could have stayed at Mohagany Bay Beach all day..Just beautiful...But we had the Pirate, Monkey and Bird thing....Yeah I would not recomend it..Although got to get pics with Birds and Monkey but it was nothing great...Lots of walking !

Belize we did snorkel dive that was great...We had a great guide, Russel got to see some beautiful fish and coral! Tried belizian beer, which was pretty good....OOH beautiful beach there as well!!

Last was Costa Maya....LOVED this beach which what we did, We relaxed and had some graet drinks...which were free...Which always taste better! Hubby and girls jet skied and loved it! I believe it was $60 for half hour but hubby gave the guy extra and he let him have it for any hour!!

Yeah all in all We had a great trip....The ride to us was pretty smooth...met some great people....Never really found the ship to feel overally crowded..But there are people who we found, that complain about everything!!!

Any questions...Fire away!! Oh any other dreamers who went this week follow up!!

Thanks for a great review! glad you all had a great time! Get's me super excited for our August 21st cruise on the Dream!!

In Costa Maya, which beach did you go to? Was it right at the pier or did you book something?

All our excursions we booked ahead of time on the Carnival website...Costa Maya was the "Jungle Beach Break" Uvero beach which was gorgeous Very clean beach and very nice shower and bathroom facilites..We were the first group there, I believe 8:30am , so we had our pick for chairs....We took a bus ride there which the bus ride was about 35-45 mins...Very comfy bus too!!!

Belize was the Sergant's Cay Snorkel Adventure which you get to see some beautiful coral reef.. This is tendered , which they picked us up at the ship and took us to the beach where we got our snorkel gear....From there they took us in a small boat to an area that we got to snorkel....On the ride there you are given a guide who will give you instructions on how to use your gear and certain hand signals if and when you need help.. I believe you get about 40-45 minutes to snorkel..which goes by fast!

And our two girls did not try the Camp Carnival..My oldest who is 9 is afraid she'll miss something with us and the youngest who is 6 would have loved to but with the excursions we just ran out of time..We did do the Build a bear time in the Camp carnival...which was cute, its done several times during the week! All the kids who we did see and talk to seem to have loved it!

We really did have a great trip!

Thanks for posting! As for posting pics. If you go to a photo site like photobucket you can upload your pics. Under the pics you click a link that gives you the code to post to forums. That's what I've used for all of my reviews.

I have requested Crimson lower because it is one flight of steps up from our room. Is this a mistake? Should I try to change it? We are leaving next week? YIKES

Well the buzz is wearing off from such a great trip on the Carnival Dream!!! It was everything I hoped for any more!! The ship is absolutly beautiful...and huge!! Yes its the first time we cruised with Carnival and will not be our last! After reading many negative posts about the dream we went into the trip with a good attitude (hay we aren't home and not working, and as my hubby put it we are one of the lucky ones who can afford to go on a cruise in the first place)

I'll try to make it short and sweet!

Port Canaveral was a breeze , arrived around 11:30 took no longer than half hour and we were on the ship exploring!

Had a great lunch in the Crimson lounge very yummy and stared already with a "Kiss on the lips drink"...Yummo

We found our room which was on deck 9 Vista deck ,9391...We heard negative about it being under the buffets and such...We had no problem with sound...Inlaws were next door and said the same....

Would definatly get that room again! ohh and Wayon our room assisant was great very personable!

Kids loved the waterslides...Me too! Could not stop saying that "we are on a waterslide in the middle of the Carribean! Only one , day before we left that we noticed they were closed due to wind...Oh yeah, very windy, almost lost my drink....(it was close but I ended up sucking it down to avoid the worst!)

Dining was nice , we ate in the Crimson dining room, this for us was basically the only thing we could say that stunk(not literally although we did smell that smell every now and then but nothing that would ruin our trip) we were table 260 in the purple room in the Crimson Dining room .

We felt very isolated in it, its kinda like a side room ,you missed out on the singing and dancing (if you like it) .

Our waiter who for the life of me I can't remember his name was fine , but the assistant waiter Leonard was great. Sweet to our girls and they loved him...very hard worker..

The shows were good , we loved Dancing in the streets but you defianlty have to get there at least 30 mins before show, especally for this one..Fills up very fast..and yes there are chairs hogs!!!

And speaking of chair hogs there were some on the decks, but nothing crazy, we always managed to find something .

The buffets lines we few its all about how you timed it....We found the food great , loved the Deli ,Bejamin made great sandwiches there anytime of the day....Tried the burrito bar and sushi bar, grill , pasta..Yeah I believe we tried them all , they were good!

As far as excusions...

Cozumel did Dolphin encounter which was great....HUbby was not to fond of island though very Commercialzed(is that a word?)

Isla Roaton...Loved it we could have stayed at Mohagany Bay Beach all day..Just beautiful...But we had the Pirate, Monkey and Bird thing....Yeah I would not recomend it..Although got to get pics with Birds and Monkey but it was nothing great...Lots of walking !

Belize we did snorkel dive that was great...We had a great guide, Russel got to see some beautiful fish and coral! Tried belizian beer, which was pretty good....OOH beautiful beach there as well!!

Last was Costa Maya....LOVED this beach which what we did, We relaxed and had some graet drinks...which were free...Which always taste better! Hubby and girls jet skied and loved it! I believe it was $60 for half hour but hubby gave the guy extra and he let him have it for any hour!!

Yeah all in all We had a great trip....The ride to us was pretty smooth...met some great people....Never really found the ship to feel overally crowded..But there are people who we found, that complain about everything!!!

Any questions...Fire away!! Oh any other dreamers who went this week follow up!!

I have requested Crimson lower because it is one flight of steps up from our room. Is this a mistake? Should I try to change it? We are leaving next week? YIKES

Truthfully I think its just luck or in our case (bad luck ) of the draw...We booked a year in advance ....But the Crimson Dining room itself is beautiful..NOt to much but to wait and see....Its to bad too because if the walls in front of the room were at clear....Possibly glass, would have made it a bit better....We did have early dining , not sure if that made a difference.....

We were on the cruise with you - so sorry I didn't make any of the meet and greets. It's awesome to see pics of some of group in your aft pool shots :D

Quick question - in Belize about how many people were on your excursion? You went right from the ship, right?

Archived