Victor Bodden Tours

FlaGrl4Evr

Can you book any of Victor Bodden's tours when you get to the pier? I'm not sure if I want to pre-book online and then have to worry about the weather. I would rather wait and see if it will be a nice day and book when we get there. Any input or advice? This is our first cruise and we are just a little leary of booking an independant tour -VS- a CCL tour.

Thank-you. Rick & Cari :)

PS: We have read a lot of good things about Victor Bodden tours. Can someone share how reliable they are, especially about getting you back to the ship on time.

DH & I booked a tour w/Victor Bodden and were very pleased with our Best of Roatan tour. Our guide was Doily and he did an excellent job of showing us the island. During our lunch together we discussed tourism on the island. If there are several ships in port, then all the tour guides get to work. If there is only 1-2 ships in port that day, there probably will be tour guides available for you to book day of your arrival. We had no worries about getting back to the ship on time. We were in Roatan on April 27, 2010.

There is a kiosk right on the dock, I'm sure you can get last minute tours if they have an available driver, but e-mailing Victor to make sure is probably a good idea.

Keep in mind, the kiosk is at Coxen Hole where Carnival and Princess used to dock. Many ships are now docking at Mahogany Bay and there is not a kiosk there. They don't allow tour guides to pick up guest within the property. You have to walk up a long hill and outside the gates of Mahogany Bay to meet any tour guides.

Perhaps someone can answer as to whether there is anyone from Victor's outside the gates waiting to see if there are any cruisers who don't have tours?

In regards to getting people back to the ship on time, they were very reliable for us and all I've read states the same. He is a very reputable tour guide. I think his business would suffer greatly if there were problems getting cruisers back in time. However, no matter where you go and what non-ship tour guide you use there is always a small chance for issues beyond their control.

Whatever you decide, have a wonderful time in Roatan. It is incredibly beautiful there.

After looking at the website, the cost is $40.00 for the tour and then you have to add more ($45) to zipline. Are there any options to just zipline or do you have to do the tour also? Is it worth $85.00 per person?

After looking at the website, the cost is $40.00 for the tour and then you have to add more ($45) to zipline. Are there any options to just zipline or do you have to do the tour also? Is it worth $85.00 per person?

I think you can just zipline. You might want to send an email to Victor. He is very responsive and can answer your question. If you don't hear from him for a day or two it would be just because their internet on the island goes down periodically.

HoosierCouple

I wouldn't worry about the weather. We booked with Victor and he didn't even ask for the money until we finished our tour!! So I suppose if the weather is bad, just don;t show up - no money spent no money lost. We had Frankie as our guide and he was wonderful.

HoosierCouple

I wouldn't worry about the weather. We booked with Victor and he didn't even ask for the money until we finished our tour!! So I suppose if the weather is bad, just don;t show up - no money spent no money lost. We had Frankie as our guide and he was wonderful.

Please do not take this advice. Although Victor does not take the payment in advance, it is a business and he will have a guide waiting for you whether the weather is nice or not. If you book a tour and choose later not to take it, please be courteous and give 24 hr notice for cancellation. It's only fair...

Check your roll Call, the more person's, the price goes down. We had 5 and it was $25 pp.

Please do not take this advice. Although Victor does not take the payment in advance, it is a business and he will have a guide waiting for you whether the weather is nice or not. If you book a tour and choose later not to take it, please be courteous and give 24 hr notice for cancellation. It's only fair...

This I agree with. We were in Roaton and did "Best of Roaton", tour. Victor is great with communication. It would be nice to return the communication if you can. I still question why Carnival built this port and the problems associated with docking, but you will not be charged if the ship has to miss the port.

If you're docking at M. Bay, there is a zip line within walking distance and on their website, they offer $5.00 discount for cruise ship pax. Just search for Clip-N-Zip.

We also just got back from the Dream cruise today and we used Victor Bodden's Tours. Our guide was Cardi and he was great. I hurt my back while on the cruise and had to use a wheel chair and he took great care of me. He is an EMT and a nurse on the island. He was friendly, caring and we had a great time with him. We went to Victor's to see the monkeys and we loved it there. The tour was $25 plus $5 to visit the monkeys and other animals that Victor has on his land. Well worth the money!!! I can't say enough good things about this tour and our tour guide!

Rick & Cari,

We booked a Bodden tour online and were quite excited about it. I am not clear if you can do it in real time. Overall it was a good tour with these reservations. Our driver brought along a "tour guide" whom we did not expect and mid way through told us she wasn't paid but only paid by tips and gave us her sad tale.(Sorry to be so cynical but I became suspicious of all our touring folks sad tales:rolleyes:) so that cost extra we had not planned on. In hindsight I would have told the driver no before we started. Also we increased the number in our party from 2 to 4 which we told Victor by email before we arrived and were told the price would be $5/person less but when it was time to pay the driver knew "nothing" about this and demanded the original amount. :mad: And for lunch we were taken to a gorgeous resort BUT it was being hawked by our tour guide. The place we had wanted go wasn't open for lunch yet because on the cruise you always stay on ship time which is 2 hours later than Roatan time. So all of these things left a somewhat bad taste in my mouth. We met another couple who just hired a taxi upon landing who took them wherever they wanted. But do your homework about what sights you want to see. Victor's monkeys were worth the extra $5. The botanical garden was only sos so. And to answer your last question we had no problem about getting back to the ship on time. Our tour guide said the Mayor of Roatan was very adamant that tourism was too be taken very seriously at all costs and I believe that. So do your homework and book with Victor but don't be a patsy.;)

Bon Voyage.

Ann & Tom

Can you book any of Victor Bodden's tours when you get to the pier? I'm not sure if I want to pre-book online and then have to worry about the weather. I would rather wait and see if it will be a nice day and book when we get there. Any input or advice? This is our first cruise and we are just a little leary of booking an independant tour -VS- a CCL tour.

PS: We have read a lot of good things about Victor Bodden tours. Can someone share how reliable they are, especially about getting you back to the ship on time.

HoosierCouple

Please do not do this! The tour guides are assigned in advance and are yours for the day. If you do not show up, they do not work and do not get paid. Please be considerate and give the courtesy of a notice!

I have read nothing but wonderful things about Victor, but I was in Roatan back in March of this year and booked a zip-lining tour with Theris Dixon. She was FANTASTIC! Super friendly, extremely informative and just a great tour guide! I would highly recommend her!!!

Also, it is totally worth the money to do the zip-lining. From what I've researched, the guides will take you where ever you want to go and give you an island tour for $40 and whatever you do on top of that is extra (i.e. zip-lining). If you tell them I just want to do the zip-lining then it should only be the cost of the zip-line excursion plus the cab ride and tip. We did the zip-line only and Theris hooked it up with an island tour, also taking us to some local dive bars and restaurants after we had finished our excursion. So, you could always just add things on if time permits...

Oh, and those who have posted about not paying in advance are correct. They will only take your money AFTERWARD, but you do have to pay for the zip-line (and other excursions) at the time you do it. You pay for the tour guide/cab ride after all is said and done.

Cheers!

Our family of six booked directly with Victor to have a private driver for the six hours we were on the island. I was very easy to find our driver. It was a short walk from the Mahogany Bay pier where our Carnival Legend docked. It was 100 degrees in Roatan that day and we rode around in a comfortable air conditioned van with Victor's brother, Francisco. He was so good to us we actually feel like family now. Victor's petting farm with the spider monkeys, parrots, lemur's and deer was the best. We were able to get right into the spider monkey enclosure and they loved to be petted and fed. You really need to book with Victor because he usually answered my email within hours. He answered all my questions and concerns and we felt very safe with his brother. He got us back to the dock in plenty of time to board and we were never stressed about getting back on board. We want to got back!

We used Victor's tour group last week. Our guide was very friendly and customized our tour to what we wanted to see and do. All communication was very good, and we whole-heartedly recommend them for other people.

Our Victor Bodden tour with his cousin Chanin was even better than we expected. Victor is so professional that he sends a reminder email the week before your tour full of tips to make your day perfect. Our guide Chanin grew up in Miami. He lives in Roatan now and also sells real estate. Victor's guides wear a company shirt and stay with you even during the lunch break. We loved the people in Roatan. They weren't aggressive and helped make our tour a joy.

We also just had the pleasure of touring with Victor Bodden and our tour guide was Cardi. He was wonderful and took us on an island tour, the Botanical Gardens and Snorkeling and lunch at Half Moon Resort. If you go to the Botanical Gardens, don't pass up the Mountain Trail up to the top for a panoramic view. Well worth the hot and humid hike. Lunch at Half Moon Resort was excellent. We had the blackened snapper and it was to die for. Staff extremely friendly and would love to spend a week at the resort for diving and snorkeling.

We will be there Christmas week this year (Carnival Legend) can anyone recommend/hints/tips on what to do with 2 children 10 and 12. Thanks.

if you're going to use Victor...do his zipline (or do Clip N Zip at Mahogany Bay before or after Victor) and go see his animals and a West Bay/West End Beach.

I just got back from Roatan where we booked with Bodden Tours. It was my second time there and did not hesitate using this company again. We booked the private tour and asked to do the South Shore Canopy ziplining. There were 8 in our group, the tour was $25/pp and ziplining $45/pp. (At the end of the tour we tipped generously.) I cannot say enough about how wonderful our day was. As we were shown around, we were given a very interesting and informative history of the island. We were shown everything from the poor neighborhoods to the posh new resorts, the industrial area to the beaches. The driver and tour guide, Francisco and Kenny, were outstanding and took exceptional care of us. I highly recommend booking with Bodden Tours, you will not be disappointed.

If you do book with them I suggest going online and booking ahead of time. This way Victor will know what you want to do that day and can schedule it accordingly. If you decide to zipline at either Pirates or South Shore reservations are recommended, which Victor will take care of for you. Also, you will be assured a driver/tour guide.

PLEASE do not book the tour and then not show up as one person said. This is the livelihood of these people and they count on our business.

I am loving hearing all these great reviews about Victor!! =) We are booked with him for next week.

I have a question - he told me via email about everything to do... and they will take us to a beach for us to relax and eat and what not... well my question is - what does your driver do while you are on the beach? Does he come with you or just wait for you in the car..? I am curious because I don't want it to be an awkward situation for us or for him.

Thanks everybody! :)

I am loving hearing all these great reviews about Victor!! =) We are booked with him for next week.

I have a question - he told me via email about everything to do... and they will take us to a beach for us to relax and eat and what not... well my question is - what does your driver do while you are on the beach? Does he come with you or just wait for you in the car..? I am curious because I don't want it to be an awkward situation for us or for him.

Thanks everybody! :)

He will either hang around or tell you he is running somewhere, Lionel brought us to a place to eat at West End, a cute outdoor BBQ place. He said he had to run an errand and will park at the same spot. We ate, walked the shops and beach and found him where he said he would be.

Just a note, one could offer the guide lunch as well.

Archived