You Were Right !

To all who "warned" me about cruising. You were right!!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank You!!!!:)

I had one of the best time in my life! 7 islands in 7 days.

Like many of you, I am now "addicted" to cruising.

Ever since I came back from my first cruise, I keep thinking of cruising everyday and now I can't get it out of my head.

I even learned how to do the Electric Slide on deck 9 Lido Deck!:eek: Wow frist time ever!!!

The sad part is that i don't have enough money for a Chrismas Cruise this year:mad:

Oh jeez what did I get myself into.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1142022&highlight=

Welcome to our side!!!!!

I'm taking a cruise with my sister and her daughters (first time cruisers)... I don't know whether I'm excited to cruise again, or if I'm excited to see how THEY get excited about cruising for the first time!

Enjoy - get your "cruise" savings going and keep going....!

This is my fear also. However from all indications I can think of much worse ways to spend 7 days at least once a year.

Im looking at hopefully keeping it at 2 tops a year.... :D

Glad to hear you had a blast.

There ya' go!

The sea and cruising is now in you blood. You have adopted the cruisin' lifestyle and there ain't no goin' back.

So, where ya' goin' on the next one? You DO have the next one planned, don't you?

:D

I am working on one for next year, but I am having a hard time finding another ship that goes to 7 islands in 7 days with no day at sea. Any Ideas?

You wont find another like that. Usually its 3-4 ports, 3-4 sea days on 99% of all 7 day cruises.

The cruise you sailed (I believe) is the only one with no sea days. However, you might just LOVE a sea day here and there. (I love sea days, my husband loves port days.) The should be able to find plenty of sailings which have only two sea days.:)

I am working on one for next year, but I am having a hard time finding another ship that goes to 7 islands in 7 days with no day at sea. Any Ideas?

Swap the ports for a day or two at sea. Take some time to enjoy what God gave us.

The sea is magnificent... constantly changing... never static. You will never see more shade of blue than you will from the deck of a ship.

Glory in the sunrise and celebrate the sunset. That's the heart of being a sailor...

:)

Welcome to the club! Cruising is the ultimate way to vacation! Just a suggestion on the port intensive cruises. We did a 7 day out of Puerto Rico and had 5 stops and 1 sea day. It was a great way to get to see a lot of different islands and have a day to relax and enjoy the ship. Just my preference though is to have at least 2 sea days on a 7 day cruise. I just love being on the ship! Have fun planning your next one!!!

Swap the ports for a day or two at sea. Take some time to enjoy what God gave us.

The sea is magnificent... constantly changing... never static. You will never see more shade of blue than you will from the deck of a ship.

Glory in the sunrise and celebrate the sunset. That's the heart of being a sailor...

Bingo Mach!

And next they'll be listening to Jimmy Buffett 24/7 just to keep the fix going.:D I was never a Buffett fan especially with the overplaying of Margaritaville for the past 30+ years. But recently my BIL sent me a couple of CD's of his and I am hooked. I even listen to Radio Margaritaville on Sirius/XM radio.

So...

"these moments we're left with

may you always remember

these moments are shared by few

there's wind in our hair

and there's water in our shoes

Honey, it's been a lovely cruise."

Bingo Mach!

And next they'll be listening to Jimmy Buffett 24/7 just to keep the fix going.:D I was never a Buffett fan especially with the overplaying of Margaritaville for the past 30+ years. But recently my BIL sent me a couple of CD's of his and I am hooked. I even listen to Radio Margaritaville on Sirius/XM radio.

So...

"these moments we're left with

may you always remember

these moments are shared by few

there's wind in our hair

and there's water in our shoes

Honey, it's been a lovely cruise."

Each to his or her own, of course! It's his or her vacation and they need to spend it how it best suits them.

Having said that, it pains me just a little to see folks gloss over the fact that they are at sea... something that most of our ancestors lived with at one time or another.

In my humble opinion, there is nothing more spectacular that the sun sinking quietly into the water at the limit of our vision. The transition from sky blue... to orange to purple with the sea slowing turning black with flashes of reflected color is one of the most stunning sights in the world.

I spend hours on my balcony struck dumb by the sea be it mirror flat or angry at the world it's truly glorious.

Congratulations!

Our Son and Daughter-in-law are on the Spirit as I write this for their first cruise. For his graduation from University of Oregon, he booked this as a present to himself...............but................

We upgraded them to a corner aft suite! Before they left we kept apoloziging to them :D.

The first day on the ship we asked how they liked their cabin. They said it was nice, but didn't have anything to compare it to.

Today they told us a story.......they were talking to other passengers and told them how the doors in their cabin were slamming during the night on the sea day to Alaska.

The people said, "You have doors inside your cabin?" "What kind of cabin do you have?"

They did a cabin crawl with their connections group and saw the other cabins for the first time and after everyone left their suite they jumped up and down like little girls!!!

So...........yes cruising will be in your head forever! ENJOY the dreams, any youtube videos you watch, posts on CC and the times when you will say to yourself..............."Hmmmm?, a new TV or money toward a cruise?"

OH my... an aft suite on their first cruise..... You've completely ruined them!!!!!! :D

Our first cruise was inside cabin and a great cruise. Have always heard that once you do a balcony you'll never go back inside. For number 2 & 3 it was a balcony:D. Rumors were correct. Now I've heard once you go AFT, you'll never go back to a regular balcony. Seven days from now will be our first AFT. I'm so afraid, very afraid.:D:D

Each to his or her own, of course! It's his or her vacation and they need to spend it how it best suits them.

Having said that, it pains me just a little to see folks gloss over the fact that they are at sea... something that most of our ancestors lived with at one time or another.

In my humble opinion, there is nothing more spectacular that the sun sinking quietly into the water at the limit of our vision. The transition from sky blue... to orange to purple with the sea slowing turning black with flashes of reflected color is one of the most stunning sights in the world.

I spend hours on my balcony struck dumb by the sea be it mirror flat or angry at the world it's truly glorious.

Being up on deck before even the first hint of light begins to break in the eastern sky...

Being up on deck in the pitch black of darkness looking at more stars than you have ever seen before. Not sure how much light pollution the ships generates, but I saw Comet Hyakutake better than anyone on land did.

Seeing other ships transiting the sea lanes safely...

I'll take as many sea days as I can get.

All with a cup of coffee of course.

Oh I am with you.

I live for sea days and the more the better for me.

Even my grandsons love the sea days at ages 13 and 8.

But, we do want to do the Victory. Just need to do one right after to rest.

Archived