Transportation between Port of Miami and Port Everglades

Checksmate

We are doing a back to back cruise on Majesty of the Seas in Miami and then on to the Jewel of the Seas leaving from Fort Lauderdale.

Does anyone know what type of transportation would be the most economical and easiest.

Thanks Claudette

We have the opposite problem. We need to get from Port Everglades to Port of Miami for a b2b. We have reserved Larry's Limos for about $100, including gratuity. I had been told on another board that a taxi would run about the same.

Thanks for the info. Hard to believe that is costs that much for 20 miles. We checked and the cab was just as high. I'll check out Larry's limos.

Claudette

We'll be flying into Miami and heading to Port Everglades for our March cruise on the Westerdam. I posted a question here recently about taking the train - TriRail - and was told it is a decent, economical option. Here is a link:

http://www.tri-rail.com/

We'll take the free shuttle from the Miami airport to the nearby train station, and then likely a cab from the Ft. Lauderdale Airport train station to Port Everglades. It should cost less than half what a cab or limo would cost, total.

Try QLS Transportation ( Quality Limo Service ) 1888-757-0021

I know they run a shuttle to & from the Port of Miami for only $15 dollars per person

Thank you for the information. I contacted QLS and they were very helpful and pleasant. They charge $25.00 per person and pick up at 9, 11, & 12.

This is the best price and the easiest. Again thank you for you help.

The train option is a good deal but too much hassle for the price. My DH would have a fit if he had to go to that much work. Good if just being a tourist.

Claudette

We have the opposite problem. We need to get from Port Everglades to Port of Miami for a b2b. We have reserved Larry's Limos for about $100, including gratuity. I had been told on another board that a taxi would run about the same.

Just returned from our cruise and wanted to say that Larry's Limos was great. Both the "dispatcher" and the driver were very professional and easy to work with.

We'll be flying into Miami and heading to Port Everglades for our March cruise on the Westerdam. I posted a question here recently about taking the train - TriRail - and was told it is a decent, economical option. Here is a link:

We'll take the free shuttle from the Miami airport to the nearby train station, and then likely a cab from the Ft. Lauderdale Airport train station to Port Everglades. It should cost less than half what a cab or limo would cost, total.

Only do this if you have minimal luggage because there are stairs, no porters, and no room for luggage and have about an eight hour window. Also, only attempt this on weekends.

Otherwise this is a disaster. The Tri Rail is not like taking commuter trains in other cities. More like public transportation in a third world country.

Also, call for correct schedules as they have been eliminating trains due to lack of money.

Not trying to be rude but the op is asking about miami pier to port everglades pier. So it looks like they are looking for the simplest way of doing it and that's cost effective.

We too are looking for the same. But find the problem with most transportation such as limos, vans, buses is that the companies are only allowed to pick up and one or the other and there license is for pier to airports or vise versa. Actually to many scenarios to list.

So for us it looks like we will get some sort of transportation to Ft Lauderdale airport and then taxi it from there as it's only about two miles to the pier.

I have sent out a couple emails and if I get anything worth while I'll post it.

One other thing I think I should mention is if you haven't taken the Tri Rail you probably shouldn't recommend it. It can be really tricky at times.

Not trying to be rude but the op is asking about miami pier to port everglades pier. So it looks like they are looking for the simplest way of doing it and that's cost effective.

We too are looking for the same. But find the problem with most transportation such as limos, vans, buses is that the companies are only allowed to pick up and one or the other and there license is for pier to airports or vise versa. Actually to many scenarios to list.

So for us it looks like we will get some sort of transportation to Ft Lauderdale airport and then taxi it from there as it's only about two miles to the pier.

I have sent out a couple emails and if I get anything worth while I'll post it.

Larry's Limos (and others) are licensed to pick up at one port and deliver directly to another.

Larry's Limos (and others) are licensed to pick up at one port and deliver directly to another.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to check and see with them also. Maybe for the cost they charge I can get them to stop at the liquor store on the way to the next ship. We did a private transfer last time we did this in Port Canaveral and our wonderful driver let us stop at Walmart to pick up a few things. (TSA took my toothpaste) Now that's service. To bad they don't come to Miami.

Checksmate

Archived