What about 7a that ARE behind the tenders???

amarvel

We booked an OV gty, and I used the back of the sail and sign to find out we are going to be upgraded to a 7a in room 5164, or at least that is our room assignment as of now. Used the gift method to back this up too. I am thrilled to have a balcony, as we had one in Alaska and it was awesome, but I am curious as to how the 7a obstructions really are. I have done a search, but everyone just states as long as you are behind the first three its really cool. Well it looks like 5164 is behind the third boat, so its a tender, anyone stay behind the tender before?? and we aren't in the crack either, so I wonder if we will have a view at all, how high does the tender come up on the balcony?? Will I still be able to take pictures from the balcony or will the tender be in the way?

Thanks! Angela

Guest Time2gocruzn

I was wondering this same thing! We booked a 7a specific cabin on our upcoming cruise. We actually booked 5162 AND 5164 about a year ago. I had no idea until a last week that those first 3 boats are larger than the rest. I guess they are covered or have a hood on them so those cabins behind them are a bit more obstructed than the other 7a's. I have seen good pics of the view from a 7a and it looks like the top of the boat is just even with the railing, and you can see out, but not down, but I am not sure how much of a difference there is going to be behind these covered boats. Now that I have found this out I am a little disappointed. I mean I knew it was obstructed when I booked it, but of all the cabins to pick..geesh! I called my TA and gave her my sob story, but now it is too late, as the ship is pretty full. Oh well. I am sure it is not as bad as I am thinking it is. I know we are not going to be completely obstructed like a 5a would be, and I'm sure it is not as bad as I am imagining but still......kicking myself for not catching this earlier, and would love to hear from someone else who has stayed behind these 3 boats. :)

Mostly you will be on the balcony lookingout on the waters. It will be fine. Youmay be stressing yourself for nothing.

A different way to look at it-- if you were home at work what is your view there??

http://community.webshots.com/photo/71278434IRLOjE

http://community.webshots.com/photo/71268839KxQueu

http://community.webshots.com/photo/71269773dXKcbo

http://community.webshots.com/photo/71279712BsEQQU

Guest Time2gocruzn
The 7As are fine. I just had 5191 two weeks ago and it was an upgrade from a 4gty so I was thrilled. You cannot see down,but you can see out.

Steve

Yes, that's what I thought too Steve, but if you look at the deck plan and look at pics of the ship...the first 3 life boats toward the front of the ship are LARGER than the others because they are tenders. They have hoods on there where the others do not. The cabins we listed are ones that are behind the bigger boats. Your cabin, 5191 was not behind one of the larger tender boats, but rather behind one of the smaller life boats.

Yes, that's what I thought too Steve, but if you look at the deck plan and look at pics of the ship...the first 3 life boats toward the front of the ship are LARGER than the others because they are tenders. They have hoods on there where the others do not. The cabins we listed are ones that are behind the bigger boats. Your cabin, 5191 was not behind one of the larger tender boats, but rather behind one of the smaller life boats.

I think you are seeing an illusion of sorts. Yes there are a different type of boat up front for the first 3.The bridge or control section is in the middle and they were colored differently in a more red and white.The others have the bridge or control section in the rear and they do stick up quite allot.I was able to sit in a chair and look straight into it.I did look down and noticed no real difference. Look real close at a picture and see if you can see the _______l""""l__ on the red ones.

Steve

Oh yes definitely better than being at work, especially since it will be an upgrade! This had helped with some visuals! Hopefully we wont be disappointed!

djklove, since we are in room 5164, I will make sure to update you when I get back!

angela

We were in cabin 5163 on the Pride and will be in 5153 on the Legend next month. Both were upgrades from O/V so we we were happy with them. The roof of the tender comes to the top of the balcony railing so you have a good view out over the top when standing. Not much of a view when sitting unless you are between tenders. Real nice view if they are doing lifeboat drills or using the boats for tendering. Enjoy being able to step out and get a breath of air and check the weather without going up on deck!

Guest Time2gocruzn
I think you are seeing an illusion of sorts. Yes there are a different type of boat up front for the first 3.The bridge or control section is in the middle and they were colored differently in a more red and white.The others have the bridge or control section in the rear and they do stick up quite allot.I was able to sit in a chair and look straight into it.I did look down and noticed no real difference. Look real close at a picture and see if you can see the _______l""""l__ on the red ones.

Steve

~*giggle giggle*~ What? I don't get it:confused: DO you mean that ALL the boats are the same except for where the higher part, or control part is?

Steve,

We will be in 5190, exactly across from where you were. This looks like a convenient location. What did you think?

Christine

Christine,

I have had several balcony upgrades from an inside gty and I am actually quite impressed with this rooms location.There are no inside cabins around you and what makes this room so unique is it is in a corner.On one side the adjacent room juts out about 15 feet.Yes it does block you looking down that direction, but on my cruise 2 weeks ago, it also blocked all the wind.When it was very windy out, we were the only ones out. If I was not so frugal, I might consider booking this room.:D

Steve

~*giggle giggle*~ What? I don't get it:confused: DO you mean that ALL the boats are the same except for where the higher part, or control part is?

Actually, almost yes. The 3 end boats are rounder and are larger,but the hump is more in the middle than the others.The hump is also wider, but the simplest way to describe any of these rooms is .....your view starts above the railing on your balcony.They all have about the same height level.Some have a little less boat in the way.

I just looked at a picture we took and I blew it up to take a look at your room.The worst room is 5162,it has the whole control part in front.It appears your balcony will start at the bottom of the control part meaning you will have a good view just like most of the other life boat rooms.You are not in the crack,but not on the hump either.

Steve

Guest Time2gocruzn

Ahhhhh...okay..now I get it...sorry..had a blonde moment there:o :D . That makes sense. As long as I can see out I am fine. I have see pictures of the "view" from a 5a and I was in a panic thinking I paid for a 7a and am only getting a slightly better cabin than a 5a. Silly, I know. Oh well...what an I complaining about its a cruise and a balcony so YAY!!:cool:

Steve,

We will be in 5190, exactly across from where you were. This looks like a convenient location. What did you think?

Christine

Christine,

Hey! Looks like we'll be neighbors. My wife and I will be in 5188. :)

Lenny

Christine,

Hey! Looks like we'll be neighbors. My wife and I will be in 5188. :)

Lenny

Imagine meeting your cabin neighbor here!

Come on back to our roll call, a lot more people are posting.

We have requested Main dinner seating, how about you?

I have to ask (bad experience previous cruise), do either of you smoke, or shall I say, smoke on the balcony? Sorry, I know it's a bit forward to ask this.

We are meeting Saturday evening, 7pm, if you would like to meet up.

Christine,

Yes, I've dropped in on the 02/20/05 Miracle roll call a few times. We're not getting into Tampa until late on Saturday but may join the on-board meet.

Don't worry -- we won't be smoking on the balcony or anywhere else for that matter! :)

Lenny

Steveaaa

We will be in cabin 5162...how far up will the lifeboat come....I am wondering about changing my cabin if the boat will come up higher than the balcony...

Any info you can be will be great....

Yes it will come up higher than the balcony floor, it will come up about railing height. Keep in mind that the height is a visual height in regards to the railing.

The control or bridge section is not that close to the balcony.You cannot touch it or the boats themselves.They are several feet out (the boat itself) the control hump is even further.These boats have a rounded shape.

You can see out,just not straight down.You can see the ocean from standing.

I thought it was a great room (upgrade for me).If I was paying for a balcony,I would choose one of these for the savings.

Steve

steveaaaa....thanks for the info...we had a balcony last year on the glory...loved it, but we are trying to go a little cheaper this year....I'm sure I am going to love it much more than an interior room....

Its like night and day!

Remember that the outside rooms and balcony rooms are bigger than the insides so the extra space is nice to have as well.

Steve

We are booked in cabin 5191 on Spirit. It looks like a great location. Anyone have any compaints or compliments about this cabin?

Since the Miracle and Spirit are sister ships they should be the same room. I loved this room and one thing I did not mention is I did have a view down to the ocean.On the right side of the balcony (looking from inside) there is a 3 foot opening thru everything straight to the ocean.This is because of the arm that holds the boat up and out,is up high and they have the end of the boat away from the wall so it does not bang it so you end up with a view of the ocean.

Steve

Archived