Does anyone know what the 2 menus are at 150 Central Park?

bellezza28

Hi,

I was wondering what the menus were at 150. We are sailing on the Allure on Jan 2nd and are debating if we should book it or not. I heard mixed reviews about the menu at 150 on the Oasis so I'm curious to know what it is on the Allure.

Thanks.

Just thought I would chime in...I had a copy of our menu...not sure what the other menu was.....they give you a copy of the menu with your name on it so you know what course is coming out...Here was ours...

Shellfish Bloody Mary*Olive oil-poached shrimp and baby clams, house-made pickles, pale ale froth

Smoked Sweet Potato Veloute* Brown butter-sherry cream, Serrano ham, Almonds.

Crispy Duck Cigar* Fig-cranberry marmalade, walnut butter and balsamic caramelized fresh fig.

Pan-Seared Filet of Sea Bass* Fennel Puree, red wine-port reduction, orange segments and fried capers.

Beef Duo* Braised beef short rib, celeriac-pommes Anna, creamed Swiss chard. Seared fillet mignon, braised red cabbage, mustard seeds au jus

Chocolate-Rasberry Crunch Cake served w/Vanilla Ice cream

I Loved Loved everything, except for the Shrimp..Im not a big shrimp eater...My husband ate his and mine too he loved it!!

One of the best parts of this dining venue is the diffrent salts they have and thier diffrent tastes!!:

I thought that 150 Central Park was better than the Chefs Table!!

There are two different menus, this is one of them. 1st part of the week is one menu and the second is the other menu.:D

Just thought I would chime in...I had a copy of our menu...not sure what the other menu was.....they give you a copy of the menu with your name on it so you know what course is coming out...Here was ours...

Shellfish Bloody Mary*Olive oil-poached shrimp and baby clams, house-made pickles, pale ale froth

Smoked Sweet Potato Veloute* Brown butter-sherry cream, Serrano ham, Almonds.

Crispy Duck Cigar* Fig-cranberry marmalade, walnut butter and balsamic caramelized fresh fig.

Pan-Seared Filet of Sea Bass* Fennel Puree, red wine-port reduction, orange segments and fried capers.

Beef Duo* Braised beef short rib, celeriac-pommes Anna, creamed Swiss chard. Seared fillet mignon, braised red cabbage, mustard seeds au jus

Chocolate-Rasberry Crunch Cake served w/Vanilla Ice cream

I Loved Loved everything, except for the Shrimp..Im not a big shrimp eater...My husband ate his and mine too he loved it!!

One of the best parts of this dining venue is the diffrent salts they have and thier diffrent tastes!!:

I thought that 150 Central Park was better than the Chefs Table!!

There are two different menus, this is one of them. 1st part of the week is one menu and the second is the other menu.:D

Thanks for the info. I am curious to know why you enjoyed 150 Central Park over the Chefs Table? We're booked into Chef's Table instead of 150 and I want to make sure we make the right decision.

Thanks for the info. I am curious to know why you enjoyed 150 Central Park over the Chefs Table? We're booked into Chef's Table instead of 150 and I want to make sure we make the right decision.

I only ate at 150 on Allure, but did both 150 and Chefs Table on Oasis. You'll have a great meal either way, but for the price, go to 150.

Cruzrunning....I guess that I compare the Chef's Table on the Allure of the Seas to a Chefs Table we did on a Princess cruise. Princess did a far better job than RCCL. The food was good on Allure but not outstanding as it was on Princess. I just wasnt impressed, maybe if we didnt do the Chefs table on Princess we would have liked it more. For the Money 75.00 PP...I would rather spend my money at 150 Central Park which I believe is 35.00 pp. Just FYI to compare the two....

Princess Chefs Table..... They gave us Lab coats to wear(we had to sign papers saying that we are not sick, no cold,sniffles Etc) they then took us thru the dining room to the galley. We met the Maitre d and one of the chefs served us Caviar and Foie Gras with Champagne. He explained everything about the galley to us and answered any questions any of us had. We then went to our table in the dining room it was a big oval table with beautiful flowers and pillar candles. then our dinner started. It was spectacular. I cant remember everything that we were served but the Mushroom Risotto w/Langostino Lobster on top was outstanding, we had sorbet between courses. The main meal was all kinds of meat they brought out to a cutting table right behind our table and cut for each one of us. The potatoes they carved to make them look like mushrooms. Then they served us Lemoncello in a martini glass and poured cold Grey Goose on top at the table, it was wonderful. Then for the dessert it was a art piece. The bowl was made out of sugar, it looked like a glass bowl. It had a Mango covered custard cup and sugar sticks sticking up out of it about 2 feet. It was amazing. We had diffrent wines with each course and could have as much of any of the wine we wanted. We also met all the chefs and they explained how they made the food when it was brought out. Then all the women got roses and we recieved copy of Princess cook book. That all the Chef's signed.

Royal/Allure Chefs table.....

The location for Chefs table is above the Concierge Lounge. When we arrived we had to go thru all the Diamond and Diamond+ members as it was their Happy Hour and up the stairs to the table which was open to the Happy Hour below. Needless to say it was very loud for about half of the dinner. At the end of the table was a centerpiece I thought it was made out of styrofoam and then I found out the Chef made it. We had our courses with wine paring but limited to one glass and there wasnt any sorbet. But honestly cannot remember anything that stood out to me except for dessert which had freeze dried strawberries which I have never seen before. The dessert was so disappointing it was a slice of a layer cake with these strawberries on it. There was one Chef that did all the cooking he did explain each of the courses. We did recieve a copy of RCCL cookbook signed by the Chef and very, very cheesy disposable aprons that said chefs table on them.

Princess..They only have one Chefs table the whole cruise.

RCCL..They have one everynight of the cruise.

150 Central Park, was by far better food than the Chefs Table!!! Just my Opinion!!

• 3 weeks later...

Is it difficult to get dinner reservations for the specialty restaurants once on board? I was thinking of reserving ahead but it's difficult to decide which night(s) and what times we would want to go before actually being on the cruise.

Is it difficult to get dinner reservations for the specialty restaurants once on board? I was thinking of reserving ahead but it's difficult to decide which night(s) and what times we would want to go before actually being on the cruise.

I have the Cruise Compass on line now go back a little to help you decide which night you want for Western.

Cruzrunning....I guess that I compare the Chef's Table on the Allure of the Seas to a Chefs Table we did on a Princess cruise. Princess did a far better job than RCCL. The food was good on Allure but not outstanding as it was on Princess. I just wasnt impressed, maybe if we didnt do the Chefs table on Princess we would have liked it more. For the Money 75.00 PP...I would rather spend my money at 150 Central Park which I believe is 35.00 pp. Just FYI to compare the two....

Princess Chefs Table..... They gave us Lab coats to wear(we had to sign papers saying that we are not sick, no cold,sniffles Etc) they then took us thru the dining room to the galley. We met the Maitre d and one of the chefs served us Caviar and Foie Gras with Champagne. He explained everything about the galley to us and answered any questions any of us had. We then went to our table in the dining room it was a big oval table with beautiful flowers and pillar candles. then our dinner started. It was spectacular. I cant remember everything that we were served but the Mushroom Risotto w/Langostino Lobster on top was outstanding, we had sorbet between courses. The main meal was all kinds of meat they brought out to a cutting table right behind our table and cut for each one of us. The potatoes they carved to make them look like mushrooms. Then they served us Lemoncello in a martini glass and poured cold Grey Goose on top at the table, it was wonderful. Then for the dessert it was a art piece. The bowl was made out of sugar, it looked like a glass bowl. It had a Mango covered custard cup and sugar sticks sticking up out of it about 2 feet. It was amazing. We had diffrent wines with each course and could have as much of any of the wine we wanted. We also met all the chefs and they explained how they made the food when it was brought out. Then all the women got roses and we recieved copy of Princess cook book. That all the Chef's signed.

Royal/Allure Chefs table.....

The location for Chefs table is above the Concierge Lounge. When we arrived we had to go thru all the Diamond and Diamond+ members as it was their Happy Hour and up the stairs to the table which was open to the Happy Hour below. Needless to say it was very loud for about half of the dinner. At the end of the table was a centerpiece I thought it was made out of styrofoam and then I found out the Chef made it. We had our courses with wine paring but limited to one glass and there wasnt any sorbet. But honestly cannot remember anything that stood out to me except for dessert which had freeze dried strawberries which I have never seen before. The dessert was so disappointing it was a slice of a layer cake with these strawberries on it. There was one Chef that did all the cooking he did explain each of the courses. We did recieve a copy of RCCL cookbook signed by the Chef and very, very cheesy disposable aprons that said chefs table on them.

Princess..They only have one Chefs table the whole cruise.

RCCL..They have one everynight of the cruise.

150 Central Park, was by far better food than the Chefs Table!!! Just my Opinion!!

How about that, have done the Chefs table on the last four RCCL cruises and thought the food was fantastic each and every time. Well worth the price of admission IMHO. Will be doing it again on Allure in feb. and march and june...

Michele I would try to put together a gameplan before you cruise and would book online.

I tried to book the Central Park 150 online. I entered the number of people, the date and the time (a couple different scenarios) and then clicked on "done". Each time nothing happened and I don't have a reservation. I'm assuming this is what happens when the restaurant is fully booked? It would be nice if RC would display a list of bookable times that are still available :(.

Archived