MSC Sinfonia 100 year anniversary of Gallipoli in 2015

thied

My initial thoughts were - yippee - I like the ship and I liked the itinerary (even although I'm not Australian), then I saw the price and thought - oh no! I understand that this is a charter and for a unique occassion but even so the price seems very expensive. I've also no idea how similar the cruise experience will be to the normal MSC product as it is a charter.

We are looking at this one but the ship doesn't have good reviews and it appears to be very expensive

Go over to

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=19101797

where the Aussies were talking about it for more info.

I would not pay the price but it is too far out to know if the prices will get cheaper or the charter cancelled, due to lack of bookings (price). The price probably has to cover the cost of the Aussie celebrities.

As for Sinfona - MSC does not get good reviews on this board and I guess it depends on your expectations. It couldn't be worse that P&O Australia which is probably about 3 star.

• 6 months later...
Go over to

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=19101797

where the Aussies were talking about it for more info.

I would not pay the price but it is too far out to know if the prices will get cheaper or the charter cancelled, due to lack of bookings (price). The price probably has to cover the cost of the Aussie celebrities.

As for Sinfona - MSC does not get good reviews on this board and I guess it depends on your expectations. It couldn't be worse that P&O Australia which is probably about 3 star.

Well the sinfonia ended up being too small so the company organisng this cruise is looking at either the musica, orchestra or poesia. All of these are booked with a waiting list. Im appy as i have my balcony booked.

Well the sinfonia ended up being too small so the company organisng this cruise is looking at either the musica, orchestra or poesia. All of these are booked with a waiting list. Im appy as i have my balcony booked.

I've been on both the Sinfonia nd the Musica and the latter is definitely more modern and glitzy and has bigger staterooms as well as more entertainment options. As you say the 3 Musica class ships have identical deckplans, only real differences (apart from the names of the decks/lounges) is the colour scheme and the type of speciality restaurant. However I do appreciate for you this is not about the ship but retracing the steps of the ANZACS and particiapting in this very special commemerative occasion.

Hope you have a fantastic time and that it lives up to or exceeds your expectations.

I've been on both the Sinfonia nd the Musica and the latter is definitely more modern and glitzy and has bigger staterooms as well as more entertainment options. As you say the 3 Musica class ships have identical deckplans, only real differences (apart from the names of the decks/lounges) is the colour scheme and the type of speciality restaurant. However I do appreciate for you this is not about the ship but retracing the steps of the ANZACS and particiapting in this very special commemerative occasion.

Hope you have a fantastic time and that it lives up to or exceeds your expectations.

Thankyou AmoMondo, being ex defence force, as soon as i saw this cruise being advertised i booked it. You hit the nail on the head, its not about the ship, its about the significance of what the cruise represents.

Archived