Looking for a beach in Progreso this June...

zdkrempin

My wife and I are sailing with 2 other couples this summer on the Ecstasy and we are looking for a really cool beach to lay out, drink some cold beer, and do basically nothing. We have never been to Progreso so we are traveling blind. Any ideas?

My daughter and I were in Progreso last summer and we spent time at the beach just beside the pier. It was OK but the vendors would not leave us alone. They weren't overly aggressive but just about the time you would lay back and try to enjoy reading or relaxing another one would approach us. I think there are other beaches further from the pier that might be more private. We are going back to Progreso next week and taking the tour to Dzib and then will probably be back on the same beach :D

We always walk down just a little further on the beach and sit in front of Le Saint Bonnet restaurant. The food is great.

I don't understand this preoccupation with the vendors. They are just trying to make a living. They are polite and take "no thank you" for an answer and move on. We enjoy talking to them and have gotten some interesting trinkets and jewelry at rock bottom prices after some fun bargaining sessions.

What people do not seem to get is that beaches in Mexico are public property and they have every right to be there. Only the chairs and umbrellas that belong to restaurants and hotels are off limits unless they are buying something like the tourists are.

We have found them on the beach in Cabo, Cancun, Cozumel, Progreso, Puerto Vallarta, Akumal, Puerto Morelos and Ixtapa. Never had a problem with any of them.

The vendors in the town square are great too. The people we have met in Progreso are some of the nicest we have ever met in our travels all over the world.

It is a BEAUTIFUL resort with a HUGE pool and BEAUTIFUL beaches, plus it's ALL-INCLUSIVE, so food and drink at your fingertips ALL DAY and the BEST service EVER! We have been many times and can't WAIT to go again! VERY RELAXING day!:D

Archived