NCL Gem 4th passenger pullman bed

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:25 AM.
Staten Island, NY
186 Posts
Joined Jan 2004
we are leaving next week on ncl gem and just added my nephew to the room. ra This is our first time traveling with 4 in one room. My son (9) usually sleeps on sofa bed. I was told there is a pullman bed. Anyone have any photos of this. We are in a BA category. Does this extra bed pull down from the top over sofa?
thanks for info
5,612 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
About two weeks ago there was a thread on this - try a search. I think it was for the Gem but it might have been the Jewel. Someone posted a couple pictures. I don't know if it was a BA, but it was a balcony.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

NCL Skyward - 1984
Princess - Pacific Princess 1985
Cunard Countess - ? 1986
Carnival - ? 1989
RCCL - ? 1994
NCL - PoA 2006
NCL - Spirit 2007
DCL - Wonder 2007
NCL - Gem 2008
DCL - Magic 2009
NCL - Star Pacific Coastal Sep 2009
NCL - Sun Baltics June 2010 12 nts
DCL - Dream Mar 2011 4 nts
DCL - Dream Apr 2011 3 nts (b2b) 9674
NCL - Star Alaska Aug 2011
NCL - Dawn Bermuda June 2012
PG - Paul Gauguin Aug 2013 726 & 728 11nts
NCL - Breakaway Mar 2014
DCL - Fantasy Aug 2014 12000
NCL - Spirit Dec 2015
NCL - POA TransPac Mar 2016
PG - Aug 2016
Massachusetts
3,463 Posts
Joined Jun 2006
We were in an BA balcony last year on the Pearl. There was a double, pull out sofa, and a pullman that comes from the ceiling and is directly above the pull out os they were like bunk beds. When these beds were made up they blocked access to the balcony. You need to climb over and under and you will be able to get on the balcony.

The room worked out very well for us. It was a little tight but it was OK.

We will be on the Gem on 8/7.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jim

PA
231 Posts
Joined Sep 2001
We were on the GEM in a BA category and that is what our room looked liked. If was fun trying to get onto the balcony with the beds turned down.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Dawn - June 13, 2004
Gem - December 29, 2007
Massachusetts
3,463 Posts
Joined Jun 2006
Originally posted by Want2Cruise
We were on the GEM in a BA category and that is what our room looked liked. If was fun trying to get onto the balcony with the beds turned down.
Like an obstacle course! However, we were in one of the deck 10 aft suites with the large balcony so it was worth it.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jim

Staten Island, NY
186 Posts
Joined Jan 2004
looks like its going to be fun for my 9 year old son...my nephew is 20 so he has no choice but to sleep below!
Now I'm getting worried about where to put all our clothes. We bearly had enough room on our last sailing on the Gem for the three of us. My parents are in the ajoining room so perhaps I will store some of my sons clothes in their drawers. Oh boy