Confused between PG private beach and motu

Maureen4

I'm a little confused between the PG private beach on Bora Bora and the Motu Mahana on Taha'a.

From what I read the Motu is a free day on Taha'a with a lunch included.

Now Bora Bora is confusing. Not sure what this private beach is. Is it like a day on the Motu or can you just go back and forth to it? We are in Bora Bora for two days. Can you use it both days?

Hope someone can straighten this out for me.

The Bora Bora beach area is very nice.... but has no bathrooms...or food. It does offer some chips/nuts and water/soda/beer. You can visit both days.

The Motu is also nice....tables, chairs, loungers, food, more food, drinks, entertainment, crafts to be made, crafts for sale, good snorkeling, kayaks, floating bar, and so on.... and bathrooms.

Chuck

You know Chuck this past summer we had the worst weather at the BB Motu. I love the semi isolation and the wonderful view there.

Pity you cannot come with us in 2013 - I want to do the rangiroa pink sands this time as we got stiffed there this year.

I'm a little confused between the PG private beach on Bora Bora and the Motu Mahana on Taha'a.

From what I read the Motu is a free day on Taha'a with a lunch included.

Now Bora Bora is confusing. Not sure what this private beach is. Is it like a day on the Motu or can you just go back and forth to it? We are in Bora Bora for two days. Can you use it both days?

Hope someone can straighten this out for me.

Hello,

Thanks for inquiring. Here is the information you are looking for:

The private beach in Bora Bora is a beach on one of the motus/small islet. We offer a tender/shuttle boat service directly from the ship to the motu and back to the ship. This is available for guests to enjoy both days in Bora Bora. It is complimentary and no need to book for it. The facilities are limited on the beach, ie. no beach chairs/loungers/umbreallas nor changing facilities or restrooms. Only a small bar serving sodas, water, beer and other liquor.

Regards,

Paul Gauguin Cruises

We had a spectacular morning on the Bora motu. We just returned from the 12/3 sailing. We were on the first tender and had the place to ourselves. The snorkeling here was more enjoyable than at the private Motu, at least for me. There are no loungers, full sun but great white sand area. There is shade under the trees. If you go on the first day, you will most likely get all the sun you can handle. It is a must visit.

Maureen, you can go back and forth to the beach on Bora Bora as you like. A number of us on the recent Marquesas cruise remarked that we thought the Bora Bora beach was nicer than that at Motu Mahana, which has a lot of sea cucumbers (but that's not the only difference). Maybe it was also because there were fewer people on the Bora Bora beach, but it was very nice, definitely worth taking a ride over to check it out. PG takes their kayaks to the beach, and these are enjoyable to paddle around in.

• 2 weeks later...

While I loved both beaches, I have a soft spot for the Bora Bora beach: my husband and I took the first tender out and had the place to ourselves. We had Megan (the naturalist) all to ourselves too and had great discussions with her. The snorkeling was awesome (better than Motu Mahana) as long as you go far enough (near the coral). We saw many giant blue-lipped clams, which are now my favorite :o I think this beach may very well be one of the most beautiful places in the world. The big crowd came in on the tender right after lunch and we were glad we had the place to ourselves during the morning. You can go back to the ship for lunch and bathroom break and come right back out again.

On Motu Mahana, there are so many activities you can do so it was a busier day for us, as we wanted to attend many of the demonstrations offered: pareo painting, pareo tying, coconut demonstrations, preparing poisson cru with the ship's chef, vanilla presentation by a vanilla producer, lots of little tables of arts and crafts to purchase, and a great BBQ lunch! Also available: kayaking, snorkeling. Very beautiful beach as well but just busier, in a general sense.

With the prices of excursions, I would recommend taking in these 2 freebie beaches as they're purely Polynesian :) No worries, tenders run all day long so it's not a big commitment, you won't be stranded if you decide you'd rather go back.

143303170_Giantblue-lippedclam.jpg.add79c599d400c8540ea069e3bdc0850.jpg

870783849_Borabeach.jpg.6b4ca013b55691b1bcfdc5fa72a3fa5a.jpg

I am with you Caroline. The BB Motu is one of my most favourite places in the world... especially when there is nobody else there. We have seen it from flat and sandy to some deep ridges in the water but sitting in the water and looking at BB calms my soul.

Archived