Mulligan FOS review 2/26-3/04 with pics

Leason learned, do not move pictures in photo bucket after posting!! Lets try this again. If that's ok?

We just returned last Sunday from our first cruise ever on the beautiful Freedom Of The Seas. My wife and I celebrated our 25th anniversary on the 28th.

We stayed at the Country Inn And Suites near the port. We had the cruise package and whirlpool suite that ran 219.00 total including parking for the week. Very nice room and hotel within view of the port. They offer free shuttle to the port but couldn't take us till 12.30 so we called a taxi to take us ( $10.00 for the 2 of us ) We just could not wait. The driver dropped us off near the bus loading and unloading and we were on the ship in less than 20 min. So very easy.

P1010021.jpg

P1010016.jpg

DSC_1117.jpg

P1010019.jpg

We had been waiting for this for over a year We have read all the reviews, looked at all the pictures and it still did not prepare us for stepping on board this magnificent ship. We were like kids in a candy store. Jaw dropped and eyes bugged out :eek: It was an amazing time.

DSC_1152-1.jpg

DSC_1150.jpg

DSC_1153.jpg

DSC_1154.jpg

0226121137.jpg

fishteamteam - What time did you get to the port??

We ended up getting there around 11am. We went straight on. Only time we stopped was at the check in desk. Got our sea pass and picture and then straight onto the ship. We did a cash account for our sea pass and had to go to guess relations but even there it was no wait.

Rooms were open by 1 pm and our luggage was in our room by 4.30 pm. Our room attendant was Jeffrey from Costa Rica. He was very nice man and was there anytime we needed anything. We had room 6280 balcony on the starboard side. I was worried it would be like a closet but was pleasantly surprised. The things I loved about the room was the balcony, the bed ( it was soooooo comfortable ) and the shower. Yes the shower. Adjustable height for shower head. Great water pressure and larger than expected.

DSC_1233.jpg

DSC_1234-1.jpg

DSC_1237.jpg

DSC_1242.jpg

DSC_1243.jpg

One thing I did leave out before I talk about the ship is our pre cruise dinner on Saturday. We thought about eating at the pier to watch the sail a ways but ended up driving around coco beach and came across a place called Florida Seafood Bar & Grill. Cindy and I have both worked in restaurant at a younger age, and know what its like, and most restaurant the help look like they are just there to draw a check. Folks, that's not what you get there! Other than the food being plentiful a tasting great, the staff is what impressed us most. It was like they all were owners. From the bus boys on up. It was that noticeable . We just felt we needed to give them credit for this since you dont see it often. Great job

0225121754.jpg

0225121753.jpg

These pictures were taken with a mobile phone so they are not the best but trust us....They taste great and the service was incredible!

One of our sons purchased us the grand romance package as a Christmas present. It included.....

Flowers, champagne, and cupcakes

DSC_1238.jpg

His and her robes

DSC_1239.jpg

Canapés delivered before dinner and decadent petit fours after on both foamal nights

P1010852.jpg

Anyway, let me talk about the ship. We have read on just a couple of threads over the past year that the ship was starting to show her age. Well to me she was a 25 year old, blonde hair, blue eyed, 36-24-36 bomb shell !!! Need I say more. You would have to be looking hard to find fault in this beautiful ship.

DSC_1169-1.jpg

DSC_1171-1.jpg

DSC_1174-1.jpg

DSC_1202-1.jpg

DSC_1208.jpg

In case anyone is interested, our cameras we used were a nikon d3100

and a panasonic lumix dmc-ts3 underwater camera. To me, and this is Jeff the armature photographer to say the least talking, was the easiest camera I have used and the pictures are not to bad either. imho. We ended up using it the most just because it was small and easy to carry.

If you were not interested then just disregard these comments:D

25472_D3100_left.png

Lumix.jpg

Thanks for the beautiful photos and the info about your camera. We have been thinking about getting an underwater camera for our FOS cruise later this year so would be very interested to see how good underwater pictures are.

We loved the Lumix. Here are a few shots we took and will post more later. Keep in mind it was very windy and did have the water churned up a good bit.

P1010564.jpg

P1010566.jpg

P1010572.jpg

We loved the Lumix. Here are a few shots we took and will post more later. Keep in mind it was very windy and did have the water churned up a good bit.

P1010564.jpg

P1010566.jpg

P1010572.jpg

Thanks for posting those so quickly. I will definitely take a look at the lumix.

During sail away we were right up front on the heli pad ( Deck 4 forward till you hit the stairs, go up them and your there. ) Very windy and on the chilly side but we were not going to miss it for anything. We could thaw out later. Had to wave to the portcanaveralwebcam.com. We had family watching. The couple next to us was on the phone telling them they were standing next to the woman in the bright green shirt. ( that was Cindy ).

P1010061.jpg

DSC_1161.jpg

DSC_1297.jpg

DSC_1293.jpg

DSC_1294.jpg

DSC_1295.jpg

This is a little something someone told us about. After you clear the jetties, go down to deck 4 starboard side ( the right side of the ship for the land lovers ) there is a spot toward the back of the ship that kicks out. You can stand there and wait for the pilot boat. Very neat. In case you forget, check out these pics.

P1010084.jpg

DSC_1307.jpg

P1010091.jpg

P1010093.jpg

DSC_1314.jpg

Archived