Concierge Category: Worth it?

steilkurve

Hello. Got a Family Deluxe Verandah booked for our upcoming Disney Fantasy cruise. Considering upgrading to Concierge Verandah. Cabin is roughly the same size. Are the extra amenities and plush furnishings worth it to those who've experienced it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We toured the Concierge area on the Fantasy this past weekend and it's a lovely part of the ship, well worth doing if it fits your budget. There isn't a huge difference in the staterooms (the suites...yes; they're incredible), but the verandah has a greater sense of privacy and is covered so you can sit out even if it's raining. I think the lounge is probably one of the biggest perks. Very nice to have a place to get away from the hustle and bustle and unwind without going back to your stateroom.

Enjoy! The Fantasy is a gorgeous ship.

In a word - YES! Pay the money and never look back. The luxury and attention begin months before you board. You are assigned a Shore Concierge who will take care of everything months before the ship sails, and then will hand you off to the Ship Concierge.

They have a true whatever you want, whenever you want vision to your cruise. All of the Palo-Remy-dining rotation-spa-excursion issues do not exist. And boarding time is when you want to board.

Concierge: we won't leave home without it!

We did a port upgrade a few years and have never looked back, both a blessing and a curse. I definitely prefer the concierge on the Dream, and on the Fantasy in December i'm sure. We still enjoy concierge on the classic ships, but the concierge lounge is really a phenomenal addition.

i was thinking of taking two non-concierge rooms for the 3 of us (my mom, sister and me), but i just couldn't give up concierge.

And that's despite the fact that the two rooms would have been cheaper than the one bedroom suite we'll be in.

i just couldn't give up concierge.

As someone said, once concierge, always concierge.

it is definitely worth it.

Even on the 'old' ships that don't have a concierge lounge.

does anyone know if you get stocked wet bar, like water or soda. or do you have to pay additional. when staying in a suite cat.

It's not a wet bat like on the classic ships (which we missed) but they do stock the fridge with water and soda. You can also take as much as you want from the lounge.

Thanks all. Am sold! Kicker is, there's no longer any concierge staterooms left for our sailing. Now, we're still a few weeks away from final payment. In the experience of those on the board, do concierge cabins sometimes free up or once sold out chances are slim? Does their call centre have inventory not displayed on the DCL site? Thanks again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Many with concierge cabins pay off their cruise at the 120 day mark because that's when their booking window opens. So if you are past that, the chances are pretty slim but not impossible.

There is food in the lounge. Nothing fancy but muffins, pastries, etc. plus juice, coffee, tea, cocoa, etc. We went there and grabbed food then took it back to our room to eat. It made for a very relaxed debarkation.

There is food in the lounge. Nothing fancy but muffins, pastries, etc. plus juice, coffee, tea, cocoa, etc. We went there and grabbed food then took it back to our room to eat. It made for a very relaxed debarkation.

excellent!!! that was what i was hoping!!!!

i hated having to drag our carry ons to the dining room when we were on the wonder!

this is perfect. Have coffee and a muffin in our room. That's all i would have in the dining room anyway!! GREAT!!!! so easy to make me happy.

You can do either. We went to the lounge, they had finger foods, Champagne (beer, too I think), sodas, etc. ready and waiting. After noshing there and finalizing some of our plans we went to the buffet and had a little more to eat. (We were able to get into our cabin and drop off our carry on's before we went to the buffet.)

You can do either. We went to the lounge, they had finger foods, Champagne (beer, too I think), sodas, etc. ready and waiting. After noshing there and finalizing some of our plans we went to the buffet and had a little more to eat. (We were able to get into our cabin and drop off our carry on's before we went to the buffet.)

that makes the most sense - to the lounge - get a little snack, check our plans, meet the concierge staff, and then as soon as the room is ready, get rid of the stuff we're shlepping around with us. Then go to eat something more substantial and walk around the ship.

my mom can't walk fast so it will be a slow stroll. At her speed, by the time we get to the back of the ship it will be time for mustering ;)

There is no lounge, but the concierge team is a phone call away. They will assist with dining changes, spa appointments (some of the most desirable times are held for concierge guests until the second day of the cruise). They will leave treats (canapes, sweets, etc.) in your room daily. There will be a fruit bowl and your fridge will be kept stocked with water and soft drinks. They had movies, games, and music to borrow--they brought them to you instead of you going to them. One day they dropped off arcade cards for our son--little things like that which make your cruise special. In my opinion what you lose in lounge space you make up for in cabin space on the classic ships.

There are people who cruise every few years

There are cruisers who cruise every year

There are cruisers who cruise few times a year

Then some have bigger families and some only are couples,

So if your budget fits concierge category then go for it

I belong to the last category so budget is restricted.

I prefer more cruises more economically rather then an splurge on a rare cruise.

But if I was Bill Gates or win the Mega ball lottery then every cruise would be in a concierge suite.

There is no lounge, but the concierge team is a phone call away. They will assist with dining changes, spa appointments (some of the most desirable times are held for concierge guests until the second day of the cruise). They will leave treats (canapes, sweets, etc.) in your room daily. There will be a fruit bowl and your fridge will be kept stocked with water and soft drinks. They had movies, games, and music to borrow--they brought them to you instead of you going to them. One day they dropped off arcade cards for our son--little things like that which make your cruise special. In my opinion what you lose in lounge space you make up for in cabin space on the classic ships.

Thanks...right now it is a $1500 upgrade. I just am really trying to push myself to make it worth it. I love being pampered, but...

Thanks...right now it is a $1500 upgrade. I just am really trying to push myself to make it worth it. I love being pampered, but...

we've only been on two dcl cruises, both times on the wonder in concierge...

the first time in a (midship) 1 bedroom suite and the second time in the walt disney suite...

i did miss there not being a concierge lounge (this was long before the dream was ever built) - and it was one of the comments on our comment card (another comment was regarding the lack of a concierge waiting area in the Port Canaveral terminal).

Anyway, although there wasn't a concierge lounge, i did feel that in addition to the MUCH nicer stateroom, the service seemed to be more personalized in concierge.

I definitely had the feeling that the dining staff - head waiter and servers - were aware we were in concierge and it seemed that they were much more attentive to us than others. Perhaps this was just my perception, and maybe everyone received that level of service, but it did seem to be just that much better.

and of course there is the concierge staff that is there to serve you - a phone call away. They actually dropped in every day just to see if we needed anything (both when we were in the 1 bedroom and the walt disney)....we didn't need much as i recall, but they were available if we needed them..

oh yes, i did use them twice - to get us a palo brunch reservation that we didn't have....and also to change a CC cabana massage to a different time. Both were handled without issue.

bottom line, the nicer stateroom alone would be worth the extra money, but i did think the service was better as well.

Archived