May 28-June 2 Paradise Review Part Six (Grand Cayman)

Grand Cayman

Grand Cayman was beautiful. We booked the short Sting Ray City excursion through Carnival. I tried to switch it onboard to a beach day but wasn't within the 'cancellation' time allotted and would have been charged anyway. Seems silly to me since the Beach Day I wanted to switch to was more money - better for them.

We docked right on time. We ate breakfast at the buffet and got in a long line for the tender. It wound up & down staircases and down a hall. Once the doors opened though, the line moved fast. We got right on a tender and were ashore in 15 minutes.

CarnivalParadise2012104.jpg

Sting Ray City was nice. We were in waist deep water and there were so many sting rays ! Some were bigger than hula hoops and some smaller. We held them, fed them, and swam around. There was snorkel gear available if you wanted to use it. The water was beautiful. We'd fed stingray in the Exumas a few years ago so was probably not as impressed as others.

CarnivalParadise2012127.jpg

We had time to shop a bit before going back on the ship. We did not see 7 mile beach. We were not impressed with what we did see. Some of our tablemates did the Turtle Farm and said it was great. The other family took a land tour and were not really impressed either.

CarnivalParadise2012295.jpg

We were suppose to be back on board by 2:30, the ship left at 3:00.

Archived