Whale Watching - Juneau

Cruisevirgin1965

We will be in Juneau next week (yikes) and are finally getting around to booking excursions. We were thinking of booking through the cruiseline (NCL Pearl) but now I am having second thoughts...maybe Harv and Marv or Orca - if it isnt already too late.

There are 7 of us and my mom is in a wheelchair. She can transfer in and out of her wheelchair but I'm worried about getting her on and off the boats. She can do a stair or 2 if they are not steep and also if there are railings.

Any opinions, advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

From Harv and Marv's website:

A. There are three big steps to get in and out of our boats and the van parks about 300

yards away from our boat. If you can not walk 1/2 mile or up and down stairs with ease,

you should consider booking with a different company.

I can't remember which one it was right now, but at least one other company has the same statement on their website as well. You might want to call and talk to someone directly so you can get the facts straight from them.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!!

We tried making a reservation with H & M and Orca about 10 days before our cruise on June 10 and both were sold out. I found a smaller company on Tripadvisor and went with them. Had a fantastic experience and would highly recommend them. They were very attentive and professional and did we see whales! They're called Juneau Whale Watch Co. and their website is: http://juneauwhalewatch.rezgo.com/ I'm 99% sure they can accommodate your mom and her limitations. And, they are less money. We did the whale watching and shuttle to Mendenhall Glacier for $120 per person. Here are a few photos from our trip on June 13:

CIMG4117.jpg.2e766482c150c27f0ede50d462ad4c3a.jpg

CIMG4114.jpg.a0c89d5a78395e416a8c99d2e13eaa02.jpg

CIMG4122.jpg.5d7b28d7d536f7364efb1e71367c071e.jpg

Archived