Room Advice needed - swap from 426 to 414?

twilsoncrow

Hi all

I am booked into the PG on a charter cruise in Sept this year and they have me in room 426. From past reviews this room has received bad reviews.

I have the option of moving to room 414.

With a quick search I couldn't find any info - good or bad for room 414.

Any thoughts stay in 426 or move to 414?

I need to give my answer within 2 days so any quick advice is much appreciated.

Thanks

Teresa

In room 426 and I booked with a long standing cruise agent who is very very respected in the industry and she chose that room on level 4.

Only one person has said anything negative about it as they said something about water but did not elaborate on where the water noise comes from.

All the rooms hear the life boats lowering as it is a small ship. Not sure what else someone has said.

Last time we were in the same location just on deck 3.

Trend,

The water gushes from pipes in the wall and it goes through at all hours.

I dont have a problem with the tenders being lowered. Honestly it is such a small ship that you can hear them from many different decks.

I also clearly recall that another poster cruisedreamer had a similar experience. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=30331713&highlight=426#post30331713

When it happened to us it was the Fiji to Tahiti cruise in 2009 and I believe Sophia was the chief stewardess ( a regent person) she even told us that they had received other complainant about that room.

However after you sail - let us know if you have a problem - this will be good for future cruisers in case the problem has now been rectified.

What a line they told my agent no one has ever complained about that noise and they can not move us as they are sold out. I have asked her to try again when final payment is due the end of this month.

There is what appears to be a closet between the two rooms and that is where the water gushes down.

Same thing happened to us on Regent they first appeared surprised. However some of the staff acknowledged that there had been complaint before.

Maybe the problem has been rectified.

Hi Tattoo Boy

I dont know anything about 326 but the pipe that runs through 426 goes downwards. If it does then 326 should have the same swishing sound.

Suggest you ask someone on the board who is going soon to do some sleuthing? Do you want me to ask someone to whom I send my popular tips!!!

Saw your picture in Steve's email - and you are correct we did sail together !

Has anyone stayed in this room (426) since the refurbishment if so did they hear the noise of the water.

I am told that they are sold out in this category and my only choice is to move to a balcony.

Need help should we move and pay extra bucks or take our chances?

The remodeling was just cosmetic and I think the sounds are too internal for that.We were 3 in the cabin and all of us were waken at 4:30 am and don't ask me why again at 4 pm. The desk will deny the problem to make you think it's just you.Good luck! I have heard of no other problem with any of the other cabins. We have stayed on all of the decks-8 to 4 and loved our trips. We are going back for the 6th time. Have fun.

Archived