Fireworks on the Freedom of the Seas Oct 28-Nov 4

Docdan48

Just got home from a Western Carribean on the Freedom ( Oct 28-Nov 4, 2012). I need to tell you that if you were not there you missed a FANTASTIC at Sea Fireworks display sponsered by The High Seas Rally Group. The fireworks were fired from the area of the Solarium. The display lasted approximatly 5-6 minutes and could be seen from the open deck or if you had a balcony cabin. The Captain slowed the ship to almost, if not a complete stop. There were 3 other ships sailing along side of us that apparently slowed down enough for their passengers to watch the display. I hope that RCCL took notice of how well this was appreciated by their customers and consider making it a regular event.

For those of the worry worts out there, rest assured that the Freedom crew had numerous teams there with firefighting equiptment to prevent any potential problems. Once again thanks to RCCL and the High Seas Rally for one of the most memorable cruises we have Had.

Just amazing--- the fireworks where some of the best I've ever seen. I'd rather see a short display of GREAT fireworks than half hour of so-so ones.

In fact Docdan48 they turned the ship around so the wind wouldn't bother so much. Hardly even noticed they did it, but you could tell by the postion of the stars and the smoke coming out of the stack! It was a fab display. The company that did it was the same ones that do the Super Bowl, Nascar, and Disney! Hope they do it again on the 2013 cruise to the Eastern Caribbean!!:D

Was a great cruise!!!

Don't know how many people know this but the founder of the high seas rally passed away on this cruise. She had been fighting cancer for 2 years and from what I read she pretty much new this would be her last. She fought a long hard battle and lived longer than the 6 months they gave her. Rest in peace Debbie and thank you for all your hard work and endless hours you put in for kidney dialysis.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived