Coming soon NEW Carnival Sunshine

carnivalcruiser10

Carnival Sunshine  

272 members have voted

1. 1. Carnival Sunshine

• Yes!
    • Not ready
    • Other

It's amazing to me that the small ships were able to accomadate the activities and passengers quite comfortably, but the large ship now have no room for the crowds that they have to slice and dice them to add more cabins.

And still, the entertainer musicians have no where to sleep, so they need to be eliminated.

Destiny was a dog as the Destiny; I see it sti as a dog, as it bobs around the Caribbean. As much as they try to hide the name, many will still remember it's the Destiny, a ship that broke a record. At least Carnival Corp can say they broke the 100,000 ton with both the first cruise ship that sailed, and first that sunk at those grande sizes.

I will be on the Sunshine for the TA and the 1st cruise out of NO. Have been on the Destiny a couple of times and I don't think the Destiny is a dog and think the upgrades they are going to make look great. Many ships over the years have been renamed.

It's amazing to me that the small ships were able to accomadate the activities and passengers quite comfortably, but the large ship now have no room for the crowds that they have to slice and dice them to add more cabins.

And still, the entertainer musicians have no where to sleep, so they need to be eliminated.

Destiny was a dog as the Destiny; I see it sti as a dog, as it bobs around the Caribbean. As much as they try to hide the name, many will still remember it's the Destiny, a ship that broke a record. At least Carnival Corp can say they broke the 100,000 ton with both the first cruise ship that sailed, and first that sunk at those grande sizes.

Wow did ya sailed on the Destiny before?

Okay, honest question to those who say they think the Sunshine is going to be crowded. I don't have ship lengths or number of deck comparisons here.

I have sailed on the Freedom a couple of years ago, and I did not think there were a large number of people on that ship. There were some minor lines for food, but nothing too extreme, and they seemed to move quickly. So I would say the number of people didn't really affect me.

So, the Sunshine will be a little shy of 103,000 gross tons, compared the Freedom's 110,000 GT. The guest capacity on Freedom is listed as 2974 and the Sunshine at 3006, so an extra 32 guests.

So, the question is, do you expect the Sunshine to feel more crowded than the Freedom, and if so, why? Are there fewer decks on Sunshine/a difference in length? Or is it that the food venues are going to be closer together on Sunshine? Again, I had no problems with this on Freedom, so I'm trying to figure it out. Or, if I had no problems on Freedom am I also likely to not have issues with the crowd on Sunshine?

So, the Sunshine will be a little shy of 103,000 gross tons, compared the Freedom's 110,000 GT. The guest capacity on Freedom is listed as 2974 and the Sunshine at 3006, so an extra 32 guests.

So, the question is, do you expect the Sunshine to feel more crowded than the Freedom, and if so, why?

Sunshine's capacity will be 3,006 at double occupancy, but with all berths filled, her capacity is increased by over 900 extra passengers. That makes her space to passenger ratio a miserable 26; one of the industry's lowest.

Will she feel crowded? We'll see. Carnival is banking on the redesign to spread passengers throughout the ship more evenly, making it feel less crowded even if her space to passenger ratio is awful.

Flat out, the Sunshine IS AN EXPERIMENT. Carnival is testing the concept of a more crowded ship with re-engineered public spaces to see if it can be successful (in other words Carnival is testing to see how many passengers they can cram in a ship before its unacceptable).

You can bet that if Sunshine works, the re-design will be the benchmark for future Carnival ship designs (and we may even see other ships in the Carnival fleet go through similar refurbishments).

We will probably give the Sunshine a try at some point in time (she will be sailing from New Orleans, which is an easy drive for us), but I'm being realistic about it. I'm not being blinded or misled by the word "NEW" like so many.

Archived